Author Topic: New here  (Read 1302 times)

Offline DeliRobs

New here
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just a quick message to introduce myself. I lost my gorgeous mum to cancer after I was looking after her for almost seven years.
She died almost a year ago and now I am finding myself really feeling the pain and not coping very well.
I hope that I will find some good advice here and that I will feel a little better from supporting others too.
Deli.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:17:25 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New here
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »
Hi and welcome  :hug: It is a roller coaster ride and i  think we often do find ourselves not coping at around this time on it -we get through the first anniversarys of everything xmas, their birthday your birthday and more recently for you mothers day -and somehow have been thinking after the first year the next will be better -and in some ways it will but in others harder as society in general has this year of mourning ingrained in us - which is a made up concept based on victorian sensabilities, not a reality -so people become less supportive -in some cases even tell us uts time to "move on" and then we start to think there is something wrong with us when we cant.keep coming here,you will find people have much more idea of the reality as we are all at some stage of grief ourselves -also i found writing helps because in the act of writing means you have to make coherent statements, which in turn helps your brain make sense of emotions that sometimes can feel like swimming through treacle -you could start a diary here in the diary section -use it to write letters too your mum -for example.