Author Topic: Taken 5 years  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Dolly

Taken 5 years
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:30:33 AM »
Hi everyone!
It’s taken almost 5 years to join a group like this. Tried so many times to get help or have someone to talk to but it’s a taboo subject and I feel I bore people. Lost my brother November 2013 due to an illness he was born with. It was sudden, I lived abroad at the time but got back to say goodbye before he passed. We moved back to the UK the next year. I was fine for 6 months and then got a 3 month bout of depression and anxiety. I felt fine after 3 months but still suffer terribly with anxiety. Have been reading posts and I feel very different as I think I’m still holding it all in and don’t know how to let it out. He was my best friend as well as my brother. I miss him so badly but I can’t cry that much. I want to but I can’t. I don’t know if anyone else has felt like this but after 5 years surely I can let it all go?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Taken 5 years
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 08:47:39 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:

You can get complicated grief, have you considered having some therapy to help you work through it?  Your Dr may be able to refer you, or find someone in your area who you feel comfortable with
Perhaps you have been moving through the journey a bit but not realised.  Feelings in bereavement are so alike anxiety and depression too.

Personally I found being able to talk has really helped me.  When you're ready, tell us a more about your brother, or whatever you would like to talk through.  Maybe having a go at journaling might help too?  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx