Author Topic: Lost my Father and Struggling  (Read 1089 times)

Offline chevilles

Lost my Father and Struggling
« on: November 01, 2018, 10:56:08 AM »
Hi all,

I lost my father in May, he had been ill previously but this was unexpected and so there was a long period of investigations etc. meaning we only received the death certificate after 4 months.  Fortunately we were able to have the funeral before this.

I spent the first 3 months after his death sorting things and looking after my mother.  I felt like I was coping well, but have since struggled with seemingly unrelated things and am taking out my anger on my husband as he simply doesn't understand the pain I'm in (tbh neither do I!) and doesn't want to talk to me about it anymore.  I hoping to just chat with people going through a similar thing, find some coping mechanisms and maybe feel a little less crazy.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my Father and Struggling
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 07:21:18 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
Grief takes alot longer than many people realise, it seems some people who haven't lost anyone think it ends at the funeral but we know it truly doesn't

The range of emotions, rapid changes and confusion is surprising to us. It truly is a rollercoaster.

My biggest tip would be to increase TLC, you're hurting right now, and like a wounded animal we also often lash out, its not always possible to describe the feeling/hurt.  With others it can be difficult, I remember wanting company but at same time not wanting it - so easy for a partner to say the wrong thing by accident but at the same time wanting to be comforted

Hope you find the forum a source of support xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx