Author Topic: 10 days  (Read 1941 times)

Offline CT5158

10 days
« on: March 18, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Hi, my name is Claire. I waited and searched for many years to find a great love.  We had only 17 months together before he died 10 days ago. Having lived with grace and positivity through 15 months of cancer treatment. I am so broken just now.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: 10 days
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »
Hello Claire and welcome to BUK.

How tragic for you to find yourself alone once more and of course completely broken hearted.

It's such early days for you still your mind must be tormenting you night and day with so many why's and if only's.

I do hope this group gives you the support and strength to carry you through this hardest part of your journey, and that by posting all your pent up emotions and feelings will help a little with your healing.

May I wish you great courage to tackle the coming days ahead and ask you just to keep posting as much as you want too because it really does help I promise.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »
Sending you a welcomr hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline sallymk1

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »
Hi Claire
So sorry for your loss. I lost my partner of 10 years to cancer too. He died on New years eve last year so its still pretty raw for me too. I hope you have friends/family around to help as you will need them and take any help that is offered. You will be feeling numb at the moment and everything will come in waves. It does help to know that there are others who share your feelings and understand. It is very difficult to adjust after losing ones partner to an illness, one minute its hospital appointments, home visits, everyones there. You are trying to care for them, thats stressful, getting them to eat and making sure they have everything they need and are cared for. I feel for you but try to take each day as it comes, don't fight the emotions, they will win. Take each hour or even minute as it comes.
People on here understand your pain and it can be a comfort to know that even when your heart is broken.
Sending you peace of mind if I could. Please take care.  :coffeetoast:
Pam