Author Topic: Feeling such sadness  (Read 3182 times)

Offline dizzylizzy

Feeling such sadness
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »
I still cry for my mum. A lot. I can't help it. I just miss  her so much. Some days it's even worse than before as the shock has subsided but the  longing to see her again is overwhelming. It has now been more than a year since my mum died. I've done all the firsts. "The first is the worst", I'm not so sure?!  The seconds have been just as hard. Possibly harder as  other people's  lives have moved on. They don't understand how raw it all still feels for me. It's like time has stood still. I'm managing to function, and find happiness in my own kids but there's this emptiness. This ache. This sadness.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Feeling such sadness
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »
I think the second year certainly brings its own challenges.  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline rawareham

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:44:36 PM »
Your post really resonates with me. I'm so sorry to read that you lost your mum. I lost my dad very suddenly at only 60, last April and I still find it so incredibly hard. Luke you said life moves forward, especially around you but in your heart you are standing still, desperate to have the person back with you. The more time that passes I miss my dad even more.

I guess we just have to take it a day at a time and be grateful to find happiness in our own children -I know my two have been my lifeline making me smile when I thought it was impossible. Thinking of you xxxx

Offline becsj

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
Hello      i can relate very much to how you feel , and yes i found the firsts so terrifying and then the seconds seemed harder in some sense but different x keep being kind to yourself x

Offline Maria66

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 05:43:31 AM »
I lost my beloved mother last February down to NHS neglect sadly. She was 93 Italian spitfire, did all her own cooking and cleaning, and although she did have a few ongoing health issues she was pretty fit overall and quite mobile. 

I cant talk about the way she died it hurts now, at the time I was so angry about the way of her death it helped me in grieving for her. I got her justice though and I knew some how she knew about it.   It is hard though i think about her everyday and my dad who passed in 1997. 

Her first xmas and birthday i just switched off, now i have to face firsts again with my beloved husband. I dont ever think it truly gets better you just learn to live with it better, memories are always there as a comfort. xxxx