Author Topic: INQUEST  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Maria66

INQUEST
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:53:50 AM »
 Well I got a kick in the teeth by the arrival of letters from coroner yesterday which tell you all the parts and material they have taken away from your beloved and what will you want us to do with them in 12 months for gods sake.  I was crying for ages just thinking about how poor mike must have been mutilated but then i know its to find out why he died, BUT get this the inquest wont be UNTIL MARCH 2018.   so until then we cannot have a cause of death but on the interim death certificate it says they are awaiting results of histology for asbestos and also if I want to get a solicitor involved they will need to know as then the parts and material which went for testing will have to be kept longer.

I felt physically sick.   It really looks as though they have a bee in their bonnet about asbesto death, and here was I thinking sadly he had just passed with pneumonia caused by his COPD. So now i dont know what to do.   

xxx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: INQUEST
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
That all sounds so distressing  :cry:  I know it was hard enough thinking about my dad having an autopsy, so I can imagine how distressing it is to receive a letter like that.  Sending a huge hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »
 :hug:I don't know if it is any consolation but try not to think of it as him being mutilated. His body will have been treated with as much care as though he was undergoing surgery as a live patient and treated with dignity and respect.
Asbestosis is a big deal as there was much controvosy over its use.It was removed from nearly everywhere but occasionally still turns up.If there is an issue they will need to track down and remove the source and possibly screen others who may have come into contact with it.
Involving a solicitor may be an option where people want compensation or simply justice.So they would consider whether there was mid diagnosis or neglect in the medical profession or potentially neglect by the premise owner or employer.The solicitor would represent you at the inquest deal with any paperwork and depending on the outcome advise you about any action you could take.
My advice would be to sit on it for a few days whist you recuperate from the shock of getting the letter.If you already have a solicitor perhaps they could advice you of the legal stuff or maybe citizens advice.

Offline Fleur

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »
I had the same kind of letter Maria and it is a very distressing thing to read. My dear husband hated going to the doctor and it grieved me so much when I was told there would be a post mortem. I felt that they were investigating me because he'd had a tummy upset the night before he died, did they think I'd poisoned him? For heavens sake!!!
Everything came back clear though although the post mortem delayed the funeral for weeks, it seemed heartless at the time.
I feel for you Maria. All I can offer you is the hope that when all the tests are done and you get the results you will have peace of mind in knowing that he was well cared for in the process and you will know for sure what caused his death.

:hug:

This too shall pass.