Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147491 times)

Offline Fleur

Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
Me too!
Its my understanding that creme fraiche is cream based and is lighter than fromage frais which is cheese based. I'm sure it would make a lot of difference to a tasty Eton Mess.  :whistle:
This too shall pass.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #376 on: October 09, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
Hmm cheese and merangue sound wrong until you think of cheesecake but I won't think of it or I might have to go out and get some. :rofl:

Offline Maria66

« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2017, 05:14:48 AM »
well done with the Toms Emz.
I agree watching the birds is fascinating and soothing, you will start to see characters and relationships the more you watch.
My poor scruffy blackbird got a shock this morning. I have rufus dog for two weeks,so this morning i checked before letting him out and scruffy was right outsie the door -so i knocked on it to warn her but she came towards the door instead of away from it -just as he dashed past me. Luckilly no harm done, the dog was too intent on having  pee to bother and scruffy hopped onto the bird feeder then continued to seek breakfast from her safe perch.
It was so lovely last night having a dog to cuddle up with,my resolve to not let him sleep upstairs dissolved in seconds with a look from big brown eyes when i tried to leave him so as long as he understands that it only happens at my house we,re good. If not i,m going to be in big trouble when he goes home  :rofl:

My Lucy JR is my life saver. She has been with me as a pup since i got MS and always sleeps by my side she is 11 now.  My husbands favorite thing was sitting in the conservatory watching his beloved wild birds he always kept his bird book by his side just in case one of those rare visitors came along.   We have chickens well bantams, and every day several of the favored would pop in and sit on his lap lol and have a long discussion about life.  Its amazing what makes you feel good.  My girls as i call them all different breeds keep me sane.   

Ha your naughty letting the dog on the bed but I doubt it well tell its master it was spoilt  :laugh:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2017, 06:17:54 PM »
I had a dog until last year.Sadly he died,,but he was such a comfort when my husband died but also missed him a great deal.Rufus is my daughters dog,also a rescue dog,is young and leggy so takes more energy to handle than poor old Ben did.Lucky you having bantams though.I don't think I will get another dog.I really miss it but its a big commitment,

Offline Maria66

« Reply #379 on: October 13, 2017, 05:37:38 AM »
Morning Karena  yes dogs are a commitment that is for sure, but she is my life saver.  I had a dog called Ben a JR i got Lucy for him to be honest at first as he was going deaf and a bit blind towards the end and i thought a puppy would give him a new lease of life. He loved her to bits and they had two years together. He was 18 when he passed. My daughter did a painting of him which is amazing and he looks down on us all the time. He was such an amazing dog.   My bantams are nuts lol.   I have dutch ones which are about 7inches high full of attitude and they scare the big ones and chase them when they are in a bad mood, talk about napolean complex.   

Offline Fleur

« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
Hi Everyone. Here we are in a weekend again which is usually a lonely time for me but this weekend will be different because I have been invited out for Sunday lunch and I am so looking forward to it.
You will all be in my thoughts and I hope this weekend brings a little happiness to you all.
 :hug:
This too shall pass.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »
Hi Fleur
Sunday lunch out sounds nice  :smiley:  are you going somewhere you've been before or somewhere new?
What is everyone up to today?  I popped to ikea to get a rug. Had a summerhouse installed recently and have finally finished the painting inside and electric/lights now installed so rug was the final step.  It's insulated so looking forward to using it as extra space xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Fleur

« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »
Hi Fleur
Sunday lunch out sounds nice  :smiley:  are you going somewhere you've been before or somewhere new?
What is everyone up to today?  I popped to ikea to get a rug. Had a summerhouse installed recently and have finally finished the painting inside and electric/lights now installed so rug was the final step.  It's insulated so looking forward to using it as extra space xx

I'm going to a friends home for lunch, I feel she is being very kind and I'm very grateful to her and her family.
Your summerhouse sounds idyllic, I hope you really enjoy it.
This too shall pass.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »
Your summerhouse sounds idyllic,
I bet it's for use as a changing room - next to the hot tub. Will it have a fridge to store the lightly chilled chardonnay as well  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2017, 10:00:34 PM »
 :rofl:Bet the thought never occurred eh Emz.?
I have been on a secret mission.My daughter is away ( hence the dog being here ) and she has had real mobility problems recently so I went down too the house,re organised the kitchen so easier to reach cupboards have most common used things etc.Changed the beds,got storage boxes for the kids toys and organised them, installed new shower curtain and bathroom flooring.Her house is so damp she needs to move ASAP .the slugs/snails have been having a disco on the living room carpet so threw salt all over it.Dont know if it will work but cant put pellets down because of the dog.Will go back and finish it and get milk,bread etc in the fridge for when they get back.Then it will be back too me,two fish and the wild birds. :cray: But I,m going camping next weekend.Normally on this meet everyone walks a couple of miles too the beer festival on the Saturday,but have decided I,m having a rest.Its a really special campsiite to me anyway so happy just to have a sit in the stone circle and a walk through Autumn leaves on my own is just what i need.Just taking the basics.No awning,easy food, stove, kettle a couple of cans of G&T sleeping bag and a decent novel.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »
I'm just trying very hard to be frivolous. 2 years coming up very soon and what would have been our 49th anniversary Chris died 3 days before our 47th  :cray:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2017, 11:54:12 PM »
No fridge but now got me thinking about a wine rack! ....... (Only no fridge as I drink red  :grin:

That sounds lovely Fleur  :azn:

You've been productive Karena! Hope you have a lovely camping weekend - I love Autumn leaves, and sometimes some peaceful time in nature helps so much

Sending a big hug George  :hug: a difficult time but we are here for you

I'm off to bed now, I've been sneezing a bit and feeling a bit ugh, so am hoping a cold lurgie isn't winning xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2017, 07:19:35 PM »
 :hug:Anniversary's are hard.Don't worry about being frivolous though,there is nothing wrong with creating a smile for others and yourself,because its important to smile too.

I am now wondering,given the weather forecast country file have just suggested for next weekend whether the notion of balmy sunshine and beautiful Autumn leaves fluttering down might have been a bit rose tinted,because the other feature of this campsite is the wind.The trees are flat topped and grow on a lean.There is no compromise it is either glorious sunsets and warm days,or an absolute howler.Have hookup,might add heater too my travel light list. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »
Maybe need to ensure you take some ropes too karena, so no risk of you flying away and doing a mary poppins!

Being frivolous and a bit silly can certainly help sometimes, and we definitely have the capacity to be silly :-)   :hug:

I'm feeling the Sunday eve blues, so have decided on a glass of wine.  Unusually for me its a rose, but only because my neighbour gave me a bottle of rose after looking after her cat and it would be rude not to drink it! (Although I do like a rose now and again)

How was your lunch fleur?  What did you have?  I made a chilli tonight xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2017, 10:50:27 AM »
 :rofl:I,m not entirely sure what i would tie the rope too if the trees are going to fly away maybe there are some loops for dog leads on the toilet block -iwill check it out.
Its very weird out this morning though first thing i noticed a swallow flying north -poor things will be scattered all over i guess. Then the sun turned red before completely disapearing and i got so dark it was like night came early -(which would have been ok =fast day at work.)
Hope you enjoyed the rose Emz.
I made courgette and brie soup it tastes ok but the brie didnt melt properly so looks a bit odd -i took the white outsides off so cant work out why