Author Topic: Introduction...  (Read 1537 times)

Offline ELeaG

Introduction...
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:22 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this site and do not really know where to begin or how this will help me. But, I will give it a try and hopefully something good will come if it ...
My Dad passed away in October. He was only 50 years old. He was suddenly and very unexpectedly diagnosed with stomach cancer and was initially given around 1 year left to live. It was a whirlwind and a blur and I cannot really remember specifics. I felt like the lights were on but no one was in and every time I woke up I thought it was a dream. I only had to check my messages to realise it wasn't. He deteriorated very quickly and was very poorly. He passed away only 7 weeks after diagnosis. I am hoping to start feeling more myself with the help of this forum because I really don't now.

Hopefully!

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introduction...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Having somewhere we can talk about how we're feeling and being understood helps on the grief journey. I hope it helps you too
People use this site in a variety of ways, some have written daily like a diary, which can help at a later date seeing how far you have come, or post as and when you need, we also have a general chat thread for general day to day chat when you just want to talk about your day or something unrelated to your loss xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx