Author Topic: Three people died this year... hitting me hard  (Read 1277 times)

Offline danicali

Three people died this year... hitting me hard
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »
Hi everyone. In April this year, my friend suddenly died. I had just seen her a few days before, she was fine. We had drinks outside in the sun. She seemed happy. Now she's gone. I started having very bad panic attacks after she died.

Then my dad died in August. Wasn't as shocking as he was 91 and poorly, but still, it's your dad, right? gone.

Then, I just found out that my former fitness instructor, at only 39, died suddenly end of September.  I only just saw her in a supermarket shortly before.

This has all hit me hard. And I am feeling afraid for myself, that same is going to happen to me. Is that a common fear after you lose people around you?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Three people died this year... hitting me hard
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  sorry to hear of your multiple losses, it is hard enough just losing one loved one
I think it is quite common to feel that, its very unsettling when you lose more than one person and when young it also reminds us how fragile we can be.  Its a normal stage of the bereavement journey for many xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Three people died this year... hitting me hard
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 02:08:58 PM »
 :hug: it is normal and id does make sense because although we all know that life can be fragile seeing it up close when something like this happens especially multiple times over a short period it brings it home in very sharp focus. - we fear losing some-one else and we fear for ourselves and so become more anxious about our health thna before - it does  fade over time.