Author Topic: Computers !!  (Read 2629 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Computers !!
« on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »
 :rolleyes: I got an email this morning from Halifax Bank to say that Chris' access to online banking has been withdrawn because she hasn't logged in recently. I've sent them a message to say that as she passed away in 2015, it's not surprising  :rolleyes:. I also pointed out that they had sight of the death certificate at the time so they needed to look at their systems. It hasn't upset me too much because I can understand how these things happen but a lot of people would take it very badly.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Computers !!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:20:45 AM »
 :hug:just when you think all the paperwork -all the phone calls all the explanations are done -something like that happens -i know its systems and non communication between them a lot of the time but its still frustrating.

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 08:31:34 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:54:59 PM by GHOST »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 09:08:38 PM »
I must say I haven't had anything as bad as that happen to me Brian. Have you considered making a formal complaint? If it was me, I'd get the name of someone at the top and send a letter addressed to them in person.

In the end it worked out OK for me and as I said I wasn't too upset but now I'm completely satisfied. I sent the message to Halifax Bank using an online form on their website and to be honest I regarded it as feedback and just hoped taht they'd look at their systems to make sure it didn't happen again. They have actually treated it as a formal complaint and I got a letter from them today saying they had investigated and upheld my 'complaint'. The letter was very sympathetically and appropriately worded. The bonus was unexpected for my part I have to say, a sizeable credit in my account that will be enough to treat the family to a meal out   :yahoo:

Even though I'm considerably further 'down the line' than you Brian, I still have those awful moments of flashback and the horrible guilt that we all sometimes feel. I'm beginning to think that it will never go away completely. There were several moments during Chris' illness when she asked for things that I either had no choice but to say no to or just couldn't do and they haunt me. But those moments do pass and I think get farther apart as well.

Keep chatting to Rory, it's just a pity he can't talk back although it's amazing how they can let you know what they want  :smiley:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 11:18:39 AM »
The GP surgery rang about 2 weeks after Keith died -wanted to know why he hadnt kept an apointment the day before -bizarely i found myself comforting the poor woman after telling her why -she was so upset that she didnt know and had made the call routinely. It wasnt that the hospital hadnt notified the GP surgery because i had got a sympathy card from them - just lack of co-ordination and joined up systems thinking - but then at the same time when it is efficient does it really help -the sympathy card was obviousely routine practice so the error leading to her ringing and her reaction was more genuine than the card if that makes sense.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »
That makes absolute sense to me Karena. I wish I'd got ten quid for every time I've opened my mouth and put my foot in it which is what it all amounts to. When dealing with hundreds or thousands of 'customers' mistakes happen, what really matters is how they are dealt with.