Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 152928 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »
working  (lol) allegedly.

Dave i am shocked that you would pick on poor Norma like that. hopefully she will give you a kick on the shins (all she can reach) by way of a greeting.
Being so tall myself i might punch your knee caps on her behalf. :laugh:

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2016, 05:01:51 PM »
Do you know ive been working all day from home doing accounts and Year end stuff, ive had my head down minding my own business, and i felt my ears burning, so thought its got to be my lovely friends on buk saying lovely things about me. Im glad some of my friends respect my great age and my diminishing size i was taller  but walked myself into the ground. Its a good job my back is broad and  i love you all to bits otherwise id be getting inferiority complex. Xxx

:coffeetoast:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
 The joys of financial year end!  I submitted my year end accruals yesterday so hoping all is accepted and ok, guess I will find out when I'm back to work tomorrow  :shocked: :undecided:

Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2016, 09:52:44 PM »
Norma if we didn't love you we would be polite and demure. :hug:
What's with all this accountancy stuff sounds way too serious you both need a drink.

Spent my day  at the behest of my boss who is a trustee, so official work, but entirely unrelated to my job, editing application letters for funding the local festival and my goodness did they need editing.It won't have escaped the notice of anyone here that I can waffle on a bit ( well a lot really) but one of the letters was so jumbled, flowery and overstated I have reduced it by half and its still long enough to compete with war and peace.Mind you rather that than doing figures I don't do numbers I have number dyslexia.
I am getting new neighbours  i met them this morning It is going to be a second home, but she spent the morning putting notes on peoples cars parked outside and has commissioned my artist friend to write no parking notices for the windows.They don't actually have parking rights though.(how to win friends)

Meanwhile he seemed much more friendly as he informed me the lack of gutter on my coal shed is creating damp in theirs.(my coal shed is over 200 Years old and has never had guttering)and could I move the wheely bins from in front of it as they look untidy. I wonder where he would like me to move them too,I could come up with some suggestions about places the sun don't shine (but being polite and demure refrained from doing so).
Goodnight all.
(Exits whistling there may be trouble ahead under breath.)

Offline Jude M

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:08 PM »
Had my last walk of the month up my local hill today, I try 3 -4 times per month walk up it. I know nearly every little dirt track going, prefer going that way than the main walking route. Trying to avoid people or dogs and missing out on the wild life, so far I have seen a Tree creeper, wild deer, Buzzards flying low over head and listening to the birds singing.
Also getting fit in the process too, my poor dog has never done so much walking in the countryside  :laugh:
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »
Karena re your new neighbours, oh dear..........
Its brought up the fact that I'll be getting new neighbours soon too. I live  in the bottom flat of a four  storey Victorian house. Immediately above me was a tenant, who's just moved out and yesterday an estate agent come round with two prospective buyers for it.  The house has a lovely large back garden belonging to said  first floor but which I've always looked after for the past 15 years. I have no rights to it though.The previous owner who is/was the freeholder was happy with this arrangement. Found I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what will happen. Hoping for a total disinterest on the part of any new buyer so that I can carry on as before but then read  your tale! As I said oh dear............

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2016, 10:55:58 AM »
Just a little tip for our newbies regarding these long threads that you don't want to go back to the beginning of if you've read all the old posts. Just click on the orange icon (NEW) that appears on any new posts and it takes you straight to them  :coffeetoast:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »
Hi Dave I think I'm going blind or something but can't see an orange icon
And while you're here/there.............. I was also trying and failing to find info for the Bristol meet
Thanks

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »
Ah .. Do you mean the one with new on it???

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2016, 06:04:36 PM »
Sorry just reread your post... Got it.
I really should pay more attention

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »
Hi Rosaleen please see the new thread about buk meet ups xxxx

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2016, 12:37:09 AM »
Sorry just reread your post... Got it.
I really should pay more attention

No problem you had me going for a minute there Rosaleen lol.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2016, 09:33:44 PM »
Hi all, how is everyone?

Compared to 4 day bank hol weekends normal 2 day ones are way too short! :-o. Anyone else counting down til Friday?!  Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »
Im certainly counting down to bristol, but i have retired from my volunteer cook for the lunch club, hard to admit but was getting to much for me. So from this wednesday im a paying customer yeah how goid is that lol xxx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »
good Norma (except for the paying bit)
I agree Emz bring back the 3 day week -with full pay this time though. And while we are at it lets Ban group meetings especially on a monday,I worry about my own psychology after one of those -because while i am apparently taking copious amounts of notes and drawing story boards in reality i,m just doodling and yesterday i doodled lots of 3D boxes with little stick men inside pushing the walls with their little stick hands, trying to get out. :shocked: And that was in between watching one of the programmers trying to not fall asleep -such an amusing morning.
So today I,m suposed to be magiking up a new Ad, not sure exactly what its suposed to say, and i have no ideas whatsoever (except stick men in boxes) Perhaps i should "think outside the box" and have the strapline "think inside the box"and a product shot of a manual,inside the box, except we dont have them any more because its all electronic now.
This luddite is lacking inspiration  :wchair: perhaps i need a few days off. :grin: