Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Chris

• New Members
Hello!
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new here,only just joined.
My name is Chris....short for Christine, I prefer to be called Chris,
I lost my mum on 22nd may this year, thought I was coping OK, but today I'm on a real downer and missing her so much, I'm 64,nearly 65, no matter what age you are,i think losing your mum is the worst thing ever.
I lost my dad when I was 14, my nan when I was 18, my best friend when I was 24, my brother 8yrs ago,my sister in law 6yrs ago,my niece 2yrs ago,now my mum! I have a son who I see a lot of, two other nieces who I never see, as you can imagine im feeling very alone and lost at the moment.
Thanks for listening

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »
Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

This grief is a cruel thing isn't it. We just think we are getting on top of it then it comes back for another bite. it's a long journey we are on but I'm told it does get easier with time.

Wishing you strength.

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:13:56 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:42:17 PM »
Hi Chris
You are right losing your mum at any age is a big loss .I lost mine 12 years ago and there are still times I feel that emptiness.I remember at the time feeling shocked not just at the loss of the one person who was always there but because at 42 I was suddenly the matriarch and somehow had to replace her role.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:13:29 PM »
Hello Chris  :hug:

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:33 PM »
Welcome Chris sending you a welcome hug xx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:33 PM »
Hi Chris,

Sorry for your loss. It's horrible and it'll take time for you to start getting used to being without 'mum'. Even several years after I lost my mum I sometimes thought momentarily, "not rung mum for a while, better go and do it now". In my extended family she was loved by all and we keep her memory alive by often talking about her and having a laugh about her little peculiarities. There does come a time when the pain goes and the fond memories take over.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Chris

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks for your replys.
Yes it's going to take a while, I used to see mum everyday, then as she got older and got that she couldn't make it to the shops anymore I would do her shopping for her, she had osteoporosis  in her spine and was in Constant pain, then she ended up in hospital with phnuomia, then a nursing home for rehab, but she never came home again.
I went to see a friend today who I hadn't seen for a while with mum being ill and then passing away, I was telling her all about what happened and I broke down, I thought I was getting ok with it all, but I do have my down days.
Sometimes when something happens I think to myself "I must tell mum!" then it comes back to me she isn't here!

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »
Hello Chris, I think there will always be instances  when for a moment something happens that brings our loved ones to mind. Given time though it wont necessarily mean tears, hopefully we can remember our loved  ones with fondness rather than of sadness. Xx

:hearts:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »
It's still early days for you Chris. It's a crazy time when your mood can change at the drop of a hat. You feel OK then, bang, there's grief tapping you on the shoulder.

Enjoy the breaks and take each day as it comes.