Author Topic: hi everyone  (Read 2967 times)

Offline diane35

• New Members
hi everyone
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
Hi my name is Diane, I lost my husband of 11 years on Easter Sunday. Not a day goes by, that I don't think about him. He has left a huge whole in my life. After 5 days in ITU, he lost his battle. I struggle with the chain of events and decisions I had to make, it was so surreal, and didn't really hit me till I went to see him in the chapel of rest. I have so many regrets and things I which we'd done. Wish I could turn back the clock. I miss him so much.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:41:07 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Joann

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »
Hi Diane, so sorry for your loss.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 09:55:39 PM »
Hi Diane. Welcome to the forum.

I doubt there is a single one of us who wouldn't do something different if we could turn back time. Hindsight isn't something we had at the time so we shouldn't allow it to make us feel guilty. Unfortunately guilt is something grief throws at us in bucket loads so it isn't easy to look back without thinking things may have turned out differently if we had done, or not done, something. It's just a normal part of grieving.

Stay strong, remember the good times and don't dwell on regrets.

:hug:

Offline Tinytibbs

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 10:29:39 PM »
Hi fellow newbie. I'm sorry for your loss.xxx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »
I think thats a natural process of the grief journey Diane, we sit in our own little world letting our minds think about our loss and wonder if things could have been different if we had done something different, obviously its all ifs and buts and what ifs, we couldn't have possibly changed anything, small steps hun your loss will get easier to bear i promise xxx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline diane35

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »
Hi everyone, feeling very down today. It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, am going through a range of emotions. I don't know where the past few months have gone. We had so many plans for this weekend, god I miss him so much. What I would say to him. Am feeling so lost. Have tried to keep myself busy, but it's so hard. Just don't no what to do

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
I recognise those feelings so well Diane. I lost my hubby 12 weeks ago and August is a month of children's birthdays, my birthday and our Wedding Anniversary so dreading it. What you are feeling is normal- that doesn't help I know but I hope it does help to know that there are so many of us going through this with you.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
I hope your day wasn't too unbearable Diane.

My anniversary was a few weeks after I lost Margaret and I was dreading it. She had even already bought my present before she passed away. When the day came it wasn't quite as bad as bad as I imagined it would be. There were lots of tears but also some fond memories of happy times.