Author Topic: feeling lost and empty  (Read 2731 times)

Offline tracker

feeling lost and empty
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:52:11 PM »
I lost my husband and soulmate six weeks ago almost to the hour. He battled with such courage and stoicism, and gave everything he had to be with us as long as he could. The last three months were spent in hospital with him and eventually at home where he died peacefully with myself and his girls and my sister all around him. I miss him terribly and look for any sign.he is still here with me. I feel guilty, angry, defensive, numb. I find i need to be busy and escape from our house. I don't know why I'm writing this as nothing I can write will make any difference to him being gone!

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: feeling lost and empty
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:34:41 AM »
Sending you a welcome (((hug))) tracker xx

x :hug:

Those emotions you describe are common to everyone who loses someone very close, Please continue to post to us it does  help to write things down, it sort of helps our minds make a bit of sense of the jumble of emotions.

Xxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:09:42 AM »
Keeping busy does help, and also helps to be with your family or friends, being with others is good for us, but remember to have some time and TLC for yourself too. Be gentle with yourself, it's a bit of a rollercoaster journey but others here understand xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
Hi Tracker,

My condolences to you.

You've got to a stage at which I was still completely numb. I'm sure that as time goes by you'll take comfort in knowing that your husband had a peaceful death. The gnawing pain of loss is one for which there is no cure as far as I'm concerned it just becomes a little less raw and slowly you get used to it. The feelings you're havings are all ones that everyone recognises, I bet there isn't anyone here who hasn't felt all those things.

You've done better than I managed with my first post which was a short sentence ending in I can't go on... This is a safe place where you'll get infinite understanding. It does help to express your feelings sometimes.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »
Hi tracker.

Sorry to hear of your loss. The multiple emotions you are feeling seem to be something most of us have had as we journey through grief. I have found that keeping busy can hold the emotions back for a while but they will find a way out at some point. It's hard but does slowly become more bearable.

Wishing you strength

:hug: