Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2908 times)

Offline cat629

Hello
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »
Hello everyone,it's just coming up to 8 months since my husband died,miss him so much,we were married for 49 years,we were both just 18 when we married in 1966,family and friends have been great,i have so many happy memories he had just retired 2 years ago and we had so many plans and now it is not to be.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:05:17 AM »
Hi Cat i can really feel for you hun, id been with my hubby about the same time, the loss of someone you have spent all those years with (i call it a lifetime) takes some adjusting to hun, but i promise you it will get easier to cope with. when youre able  please tell us a little bit more about your hubby, it really does help xxx

:hug: :hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Joann

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:10:18 AM »
So sorry for your loss cat629.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Cat629.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Cherish those happy memories.

:hug:

Offline cat629

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 01:35:02 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome,my husband died on the 24th DEC 2015 just 9 months after being diagnosed with prostate cancer,it had already spread into his bones,his only symptoms at first being back ache which at the time was thought to be sciatica.
He was 67 and we had just started to enjoy his retirement,prior to this he had always been so fit and used to run marathons.He was always such a positive person who loved life.
We would have celebrated our golden wedding last April and i know we were very lucky to have had all those years together,it is hard to be without him our family have been great and include me in everything and i try to keep myself busy so i don't have time to think,but sometimes even in a crowded room surrounded by family and friends i seem to miss him even more.
                                                                                                                Cath

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 03:19:36 PM »
Hi Cat 24th December Christmas Eve what a day to lose your beloved husband, there would never be  a good day i know, because its something we dont want to contemplate, yes hun our families are there for us but theres still a part of you thats missing, please keep talking to us Cat, We gain support from each other xxx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
Hi Cat.

I think we all try to keep ourselves busy to try and keep our mind off our loss but there are always moments, even in crowded rooms, where we miss the part they would have played in our everyday lives.

I think that will be one of the hardest things to learn to cope with.