Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1245 times)

Offline g1llyg1lls

• New Members
Hello
« on: September 01, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
I was 22 when I lost my Fiancé in a RTC 17 years ago.  I have been through the grieving process, had counselling and come to terms with his death.  10 years after his death I met someone else whom I have now married and have two wonderful children with.

However even after all this time I still miss my Fiancé and think about him daily.  I am absolutely terrified of it happening again, if my husband is home late, or isn't where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there, I start to panic and begin to imagine the worst.  I know this is just anxiety from my past experience but feel like I'm in a constant battle with my rational self and irrational self.  Thankfully my husband is very understanding, but it's not fair on him. 

I worry that one day my Fiancé will be forgotten, I think it's important to talk about those we have lost to keep their memory alive. However it feels like such a taboo subject that I worry that it will just cause unnecessary upset.

I came on to here as I had an unsettling experience yesterday which I have posted about in the general discussion area.

If I have one piece of advice for those early on in their grief journey it would be to just wake up in the morning, get out of bed and just breath.  Everything else will follow. 

Time isn't a great healer as I don't think you ever heal after loosing someone you love.  What time does is it allows you to learn to live with the hole and eases the pain.