Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1647 times)

Offline PetetheRef

• New Members
Introduction
« on: January 18, 2019, 11:59:43 PM »
Hi All, I'm Pete from Warrington, Cheshire, came on here for someone to talk to & get some some support so here's hoping.  , my wife passed away on 01.12.18 which made for a pretty crappy xmas, well a crappy 4 years actually 2014 New Years Eve my mum passes away 6 months later my elder brother passes away & 4 years on I lose my wife, the loss of my mum & brother I managed to cope with, but losing my wife I feel like I've lost a limb, anything I look at or pick up of hers I just breakdown, I have never known pain like it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:01:51 AM by PetetheRef »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug Pete  :hug:  we have members who have lost wives and husbands and I'm sure they will be supportive - along with all our members. Such a recent loss i imagine you're still feeling some shock. The early months are so hard, then the festive period is challenging and I find January tough - I think the dark and cold makes it hard too. Be gentle with yourself, its a rollercoaster but it will get a bit easier

Whatever you want to talk about, we're here, xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
My sincere condolences to you Pete, the first few months are very grim.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline PetetheRef

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, just want the pain to ease & now have the horrible job of going thru her clothing & jewellery which is going to be a killer because to me she could make wearing a bin bag sexy & even when she wasn't at her best I would always tell her she was perfect because to me she was.

Some of the stuff I have bought her jewellery wise i'm going to keep, the costume style stuff I will let the charity shops have as most of it was bought from there anyway as she loved going in them so let them make someone else happy same with her bags & clothes.

Question I want to ask is her ornaments I don't particulay want them as not an ornament person now do I box them up & store them bear in mind I live in a 1 bedroomed flat or box them & pass onto the charity shops maybe keeping a couple for sentimental reasons?

Regards
Pete

:cool:

Offline Cathy2018

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 10:46:40 PM »
Hi Pete

So sorry for you. All I can suggest is that you just take your time to clear your wife’s belongings. It is heartbreaking.

Regards cathy