Author Topic: Right back to the start  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Twinkle

Right back to the start
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
Yesterday morning I saw a headline that a lady had saved  an elderly lady who had gone Into cardiac arrest, I quickly turned over but it has upset me so much over the last two days,  in August my Mum went into cardiac arrest I fought really hard to save her, the ambulance people asked me to make a decision whether to continue I said stop, and now I am right back to that night again,  they said she a thready pulse, that her brain was fighting, that's what they told my husband anyway,  it was only August and I miss her so much, I feel a failure the one time she really really needed me I  let her down

Offline Louise74

Re: Right back to the start
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:05:12 PM »
Hi twinkle
It sounds to me like you fought very hard to try and save your mum.Try not to be too hard on yourself you didn't let your mum down and I'm sure she would have known that. No wonder you were upset by the news headline but the chance of saving anyone with cardiac arrest without a  defibrillator and medical backup are slim and also depends how and why they have collapsed I was taught this while doing medical emergency training with my job.
I totally get you missing her so much, I lost my mum in March this year. We were also very close and I miss her terribly. I've found the support on here very helpful when I've been having particularly difficult times I hope you find some comfort on here too.

Take care

Louise

Offline Twinkle

Re: Right back to the start
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:16:16 AM »
Thank you I do, am so glad have found this site, logically I know I could not have saved her, it's just sometimes it comes and hits you so hard doesn't it?

Like you and your Mum, we were very close and I miss her every second, thank you taking the time to respond to me x