Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147435 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »
O
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:22:57 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #466 on: March 19, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »
Sorry, I cant seem to hear you both, my ears seem to be muffled - think it might be this cling film which has appeared  :rofl:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2018, 06:42:13 PM »
Y
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:23:28 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »
But those (whispers 'R'..) nozzles make such pretty icing!!  Look!  (I am still soooo proud of my first cake icing attempt  :yahoo: )
xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #469 on: March 19, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
T
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:23:49 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
The flowers are totally normal, natural colour for buttercream.......  :whistle:

:rofl: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #471 on: March 20, 2018, 01:57:08 PM »
hmm blue butter -thats a new one on me - they are very pretty though -i might buy some of those nozzles myself -before the sanctions prevent such a shocking scheme. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #472 on: April 13, 2018, 06:19:25 PM »
How is everyone doing?  Anyone else wondering what has happened to Spring and whether it's ever going to start?!

Big Friday hug to all  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #473 on: April 13, 2018, 08:56:41 PM »
It's a big "Roll on Spring" from me too.

I finally got fed up of my leaky kettle recently and started looking round online for a replacement. I came across one I liked the look of but I can't afford it at Currys price though - £8,888.88  :rofl:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #474 on: April 13, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »
 :shocked:  :huh:  does that kettle do all your housework too?! Lol xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #475 on: April 13, 2018, 11:11:19 PM »
F
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:24:11 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #476 on: April 14, 2018, 07:45:35 AM »
I'm well, just waiting for spring to finally show itself! I'm getting bored of drizzly grey now!  Feel I need to be outside a bit more, and around more nature again.
I have some good news though, has been confirmed I still have a job! In a new role, and it is going OK so far.  Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #477 on: April 14, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »
T
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:24:33 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #478 on: April 14, 2018, 10:42:08 PM »
Breaking news! Blue sky and a weird bright shiny thing appeared after lunch today!  Had some time sat in the garden with a cuppa whilst my dog had a picnic :-)

Mmm that bowl doesnt look like it's going to hold much soup!
Hope you are ok and regain your mobility soon xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2018, 12:11:56 PM »
Great news on the job front Emz. :yahoo:

On saturday that weird blue sky and shiny thing in the sky also appeared here -and even though it wasnt exactly sweltering it was warm enough to be outside without a coat.It even reappeared on sunday morning.

In a mad moment of longing for spring a few weeks ago - and i indulged in some on-line plant shopping -a bargain is never enough to fulfill an order -and when the contents of my basket of "bargains" (not forgetting the 40 free gladioli bulbs) reached 70 quid - I thought maybe thats a bit  (lot) much to spend on bargain plants -(not as expensive as a kettle though  :rofl:) I will be sensible and pause before i commit too this  (it was snowing at this point afterall so no rush)
Then i discovered another bargain from another retailer and figured out that by splitting the bargain, draw you into their trap items, between the two retailers i could now reduce that by half again. (i wasnt married too a yorkshireman for nothing  :rofl:)

Of course these plants arrived before i expected and the 72 lavendar plants that were going to make a Lavendar hedge to hide the raised beds (oh how beautiful vison of a lavendar lined potager had been) were actually so tiny they would in reality get trodden on long before anything even vaguely hedge like emerged - so I  had to pot them all indoors "with tweezers into tiny little cells" last weekend. final destination still to be decided  :whistle:

I also got a cherry tree -which was the opposite -much bigger than i expected for something that calls itself a "Dwarf cherry ideal for patio pots" -(some people must have very large patios but unfortunately i dont live at chatsworth house ) -so  it is now in a large pot under the plum tree -final location to be decided (if only i didnt need the centre of the bottom lawn to be left available for swingball - pesky kids - well actually  i have been known to play swingball by myself its cheaper than going to the gym but blaming the kids is a national pastime  :rofl:)

The red stemmed dogwood -that was going to "create a colourful focal point in winter"  I hadnt quite thought through -where the focal point was going to be - and how the position of it in relation to sunlight available (ever the optimist)  didnt quite match the plants requirements so they have kind of been planted elswhere (not somewhere i want an actual focal point) so could face being relocated shortly.

Gladioli bulbs -(oh yes i still got my free bulbs) - planted a handful, then they kind of got re-dug up a bit when i relocated another plant too that area having forgotten about them. - Now on the to do list along with the "blue selection" of bulbs i forgot to plant last year.

Which leaves two ferns, quite large ferns -fortunately they arrived in pots so are not as urgent -just as well as the "fernery"  :whistle:  is still to tackle.

So by this weekend the only thing left too arrive is the 36 strawberry plants (which thankfully were delayed due to bad weather.) Naturally i have a cunning plan for these -I,m going to make a vertical planter from a pallet -(that,ll teach those pesky slugs) - and being a genius i figured watering would be more efficient if i included a soaker hose (additional cost)  - at this point i hadnt reckoned on the pallet having a dividing strip down the middle preventing this cunning plan -  but i,m sure the hose will be a useful addition to the veg garden.(like it ever stops raining long enough for it to be an issue there ).
I have it all planned how to do this - how hard can it be ?  i watched it on you tube it took no time at all ! -heavy duty staple gun bought(additional cost but  i needed one anyway  :whistle:) liner,(additioal cost) gravel and compost (additional costs) -check.
Saturday sunshine -brilliant -

Painting a pallett -takes about 3 hours because there is more too a pallet than just the 8 borads on the front, and painting it then moving it into situ - before its properly dry, isnt the best idea in the world. (price of new top to add to previous "additional costs") 
Gravel a good idea, helps drainage and prevents compost coming out of the bottom - but not if its pea gravel which then pours back out of the bottom slot as you pour it in. - bottom slot now has twigs stuffed in to prevent re-occurance.(hoping weight of compost on top will prevent gravel shift after twigs rot)

Luckilly at this point i did actually engage brain and realised the best way to actually plant it up would be to wait for the plants too arrive then layer them pushing roots through the slats filling compost too the next level then repeating -so went off and did some more jobs -returned back into the house in the evening when exhaustion took over for a well deserved bath and  :coffeetoast: -(by this point i was bent over and shuffling like a 100 year old) -and guess what delivery note through the front door - urgent -live plants. -how urgent ?-saturday night urgent -?
( put the lot, box and all, in the sink, add water, cross fingers, leave overnight urgent as it turned out)

I,m pleased to report i now have a fully planted home made (bargain) vertical planter and the rain timed it just right -and it does soak right through - so no soaker hose required.
The "fernery" -an even  bigger vertical pallet planter to make the neighbours wall less unsightly is next on the list.(note to self - wear already ruined top while painting said planter)

Now the desired "focal point"  I,m -going to have to find a "bargain" plant that actually loves shade -or a "bargain" non organic statue/feature that isnt also tacky
But there is a large (half a tree) next door (he might not miss it) and a chainsaw in the shed at work -chainsaw carving - new hobby ????  :coffeetoast: :rofl:

-and i still have the problem of hiding the raised beds and creating the "potager" illusion. -Willow weaving ( safer new hobby)  :rofl:

How i love my gardening.