Author Topic: Grieving death of 3 brothers  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Eagle76

Grieving death of 3 brothers
« on: July 29, 2017, 11:54:44 PM »
Hello there,

Yesterday was the 1st anniversary of the death of my eldest brother who passed away unexpectedly last year, he was the 3rd brother I've lost in 3 years and I'm finding it difficult to cope. I have good friends & a boyfriend who have been supportive in many ways but it's heavy and no one seems to understand as they've not experienced grief of somebody close so I often feel very alone. My emotions range from sadness, happiness, anger, disbelief and hopelessness. I'm currently feeling very angry and very lonely and find that I am pushing those I love away. I feel at such a loss with my life and can't seem to focus on anything positive anymore. 

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Grieving death of 3 brothers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »
Hello.sending you a warm welcome.It must have been a really bad time losing three loved ones so close together.There's no wrong and right way to grieve but feeling angry and pushing people away is part of it for many people.I wonder but don't know,whether we push people away,because we subconsciously feel that if we don't have people close too us we won't feel this pain again.It is also very difficult for them too,however much they love us and want too support us.I hope that by coming here you will find that others on this journey do understand,because sadly that's why we are all here.Sometimes just writing things down can help make sense of our own feelings.
Sending you hugs,I hope that this forum will be of help to you as it has been to me.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
I wonder sometimes whether we push people away because sometimes we are so conflicted we don't know what we want. I remember times needing someone there but also sometimes wanting to be alone too  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Eagle76

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
Thank you for your replies, I guess that does make sense. Pushing people away because we can't take anymore pain. That resonates with me. I keep going to start writing my thoughts down regarding my brothers. Perhaps it will make help make sense of everything that has happened and give me the chance to process it properly. Xx