Author Topic: I lost my only daughter  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Barb

• New Members
I lost my only daughter
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »
Hi,

I am not sure how this site works, but I am Barb, 60 years old, married to Steve for 48 years, we shared our lives with our beautiful daughter Lisa ( Lee to me ) for 45 years, and now she is gone, she died of cancer 27th January 2018, I nursed her at her home, on my own for the last 2 and half years of her life, her death was not pretty, and I do not know what to do with all the memories of her suffering that remain inside my head 24 hours a day, everyone tells me to move on now, and "we must not be negative" and I want to say, why the hell not, Lee suffered all of her life, cancer wasn't supposed to get her as she had her colon removed when she was 20, sorry I am rambling, I think my first few posts do not go to post straight away, so I will go now, if this sounds selfish I apologise, all I want to do is just mention her name, talk about her, how she was, try and remember her before the cancer grew and grew and she  bled to death, she never hurt a fly but she suffered like no human being should ever suffer. I have lost loved ones before, my  Dad, cancer, my Mom Alzheimers, my grandniece aged 6 brain cancer, my nephew , her father, from suicide, but this one,this loss ?? how I have got this far I have no idea, maybe because of my brother who found his son after he took his life, my brother  carried on, we carried on as a family, but now I just feel so alone. much love to anyone who is struggling, xxB.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I lost my only daughter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:46:42 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug Barb  :hug:
No need to apologise here, this site is for people to talk, talk about their loved ones and how we are feeling, it helps on our journey xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I lost my only daughter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:57:34 AM »
I can only repeat what Emz said, this is the place where you can talk and talk - you must be in such unbelievable  pain -it helps to write it think, so please write away no need to apologise everyone here is here becuase we  have lost a loved one so perhaps we understand the suffering it brings better than many.  :hug: