Author Topic: Lost my wife of 35 years  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Ron sok

Lost my wife of 35 years
« on: August 26, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
My wife passed away 2 weeks ago.She had under gone a heart valve replacement surgery and had spent 6 days in the critical care unit before being discharged to come home.On the fourth day at home she collapsed while I was out and my son did cpu to try and resuscitate her with the advice from the operator.The ambulance arrived within 10 minutes and took over but could not revive her.My wife will be laid to rest next week. I have a great concern about the mental status of my 27 yr old son as he is now suffering from flash backs and has panic attacks.I hope this eases off before her funeral and not get worse.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:47:40 AM by Ron sok »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my wife of 35 years
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »
Hi Ron
welcome to the forum but also sorry to read about your wife. At this stage your sons flashbacks are pretty normal and i am sorry to say will possibly continue beyond the funeral. For many of us this fades over time but for some this can actually become a form of PTSD which isnt something confined to soldiers in war zones as many believe but something that can affect any of us after  a traumatic event so if it continues maybe you can encourage him to go to his GP for help.But also remember you need to take care of yourself too. :hug: