Author Topic: Still Johns Award  (Read 2091 times)

Offline rawareham

Still Johns Award
« on: August 31, 2018, 07:29:58 AM »
It has been 2 years and 4 months since I lost my amazing dad, in the blink of an eye he was gone and I still can't get my head round it. I miss him so much and there's a huge hole in my life.

I've been invited to receive a St Johns Award for organ donation on his behalf. Does anyone know what to expect? He deserves me to go and get it for him and I'm so proud of him but I still just want him back and it brings back so many painful memories of being called to the hospital, the decisions we had to make and saying goodbye to my dad.

Has anyone attended a ceremony before?

I just want my dad to make everything ok. He was so funny and I miss his sense of humour so much, there's noone else like him xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Still Johns Award
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
Im afraid I have no experience of that kind of ceremony

I know what you mean about your dad, I feel like that about mine, its hard  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Still Johns Award
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:38:55 PM »
 :hug: sorry not been to a ceremony like that - i did get a student of the year award after losing some-one, and it was quite emotional, but at the same time thats ok, because it is an emotional thing. Of course you will miss your dad but you are rightly proud of him so even though it might be nerve racking and you might end up crying  i would collect it - sounds a bit blase - but take some tissues, and if its allowed take some-one with you who will hold your hand.