Author Topic: Hello, I don't know how to introduce this  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Sarah.j.b

Hello, I don't know how to introduce this
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:10:11 PM »
It's been just over a week since i found out that my partner had died, right now there is very little solid information but it's fairly certain that he took his own life, he was only 25 years old. I just feel hollow and a large part of me just wants this not to be real. I don't really know what else to say.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello, I don't know how to introduce this
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
 :hug:Hi sarah -it is such a short time since this happened i think all of us no matter what the circumstances of losing a loved one are in shock for a while -snd dont know what to think let alone say -and for you of course there are many unanswered questions.It is a long journey but we will be here for as long as you need us.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 04:17:34 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline sallymk1

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
Hi Sarah
As you don't have much information yourself as yet it is no wonder you feel in complete shock. Please be aware that a feeling of numbness is normal at these times. There are no words anyone can bring to you that will ease your pain. Just let the raw emotions take over for the moment.  As you go through this process you will find yourself mindblowingly numb one moment and then crippled with grief that is so overwhelming you won't know what to do with yourself. Cry if you need to, as loud and as long as you have to. Make sure you get some support but don't be mindful of the folks who think they help with cliches, like time, memories etc. We have all had them, people don't know what to say and its usually well meant but for their benefit because they feel so helpless.
I wish you well in your quest for more information. Come back on here as much as you need to you will always find an ear and it pulls many people through perhaps the darkest period in their lives.
Wishing you peace for today and a better tomorrow for everyone of us  :coffeetoast:
Pam