Author Topic: My husband died a month ago.  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Louise53

My husband died a month ago.
« on: March 16, 2019, 07:30:20 AM »
Hello,
My darling husband died on 18th February.  He had been active and vigorous until the beginning of November when he was suddenly diagnosed with bile duct cancer. It was a second marriage for both of us and we had at last found true happiness when we found each other.  We had only been together for 12 years when he died. I loved him so much and I felt quite devastated. I wish I could understand why this terrible thing has happened.

Offline zenvadis

Re: My husband died a month ago.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:36:19 AM »
MY wife died last week and was buried on the 14/03.2019, totally unexpected she had a cold which turned to sepsis, we had been together for 40 years, and grew up together, after various calls to the emergency services it was too late to save her. I have only me to rely on now.I do not know if you believe in an after life, but i have seen her and heard her call my name, my first thought was to end my miserable existence, next thing I knew the police were round my house asking me how i intended to do it, and they removed all the pills and potions i had (all vitamins). This they tell me is part of the natural process of grief,but there can be no process to the pain that we feel only time will tell, It may help a little if you sleep with a body pillow so if you turn over at night,it will feel like there is someone there, try not to be alone as i am,talking will get you through a large portion of the day, although it feels like your lights are on but there is no-one there.Feel free to talk at any time day or night, and i will try to answer  because as a community we are strong.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My husband died a month ago.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »
Welcome to this website, Louise.  :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Life must be feeling very unfair to you right now. Sadly, illness always strikes out of the blue. My father died years ago now in his seventies, but he too seemed fit and healthy all his life and then suddenly had two heart attacks in the space of a few months and was gone. My mother, on the other hand, was under the hospital for a number of conditions all her life and nearly reached 100!

I sometimes think you stand a better chance of growing old if you are found to have some condition that the doctors then manage on an on-going basis. At least then, you are having regular health checks and I suppose there is a greater chance of something else being found than if you never have to go near a doctor. 

Sadly, there is no rhyme or reason to why these things happen. All we can do is make the most of every day and of the privilege of having someone we love with us while we can, as you can never predict what the future may hold. Treasure the years you had with your lovely husband, Louise. There are no answers to be found. The body is a fragile thing and, tragically, these things happen.

You will find lots of lovely people here and on our Facebook group who understand exactly how you feel, because they are going through the same thing. We all help support one another and it really does help, both to be able to tell others how you are feeling and to be able to know that you are not alone and to know that others understand and will support you. So keep talking to us here, Louise. There are many of us here who are in the same boat as you, unfortunately.

Sending you strength and a huge hug!  :hearts: :hug:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:26:57 AM by Sandra61 »