Author Topic: Best friend 🙂  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Jo Jo

Best friend 🙂
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:46:54 PM »
Thought I would introduce you to my best friend in the world! Don't know where I would be without him 🙂

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Best friend 🙂
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:28:53 AM »
Lovely! I don't have any pets at the moment, but I have in the past and know they are a huge comfort. I do have a lovely cat that visits me. I love seeing him. He is ginger and white and walks in like he owns the place, inspects every corner and lately stays a while, curled up on the chair or my bed, if he can manage to sneak into my bedroom!  :rofl: He likes being made a fuss of but is also very clear when he has had enough and lets me know it is time to leave! I am so glad you have such a good friend!  :hug:

Offline Jo Jo

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 12:22:32 PM »
It is lovely that you have a furry friend visiting you 😍 I honestly believe animals know when you need some comfort and companionship 😎

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 12:10:44 PM »
I had our dog after my husband died, he was the reason i got out of bed and the reason i functioned we shared our grief and our loss i think, sadly he has also now gone to be with his dad, i knew because of his age that i wouldnt have that comfort for ever, but i will always be grateful for having him and that he waited long enough for me to gain some strength.
I said i wouldnt have pets any more - which is why now i have 3 fish - rescued from various sources, sometimes hedgehogs brought to me in various states, ( i now have a hedgehog rescue pack always ready) A pigeon, and a blackbird both still hanging round after i rescued them, three dogs who come to stay for their holidays when their owners are away - and funnilly enough a ginger and white cat that doesnt come to the house but comes for a fuss when i am passing his territory  -but weirdly considering i am more a dog than cat person, looks disdainfully on others walking past, in the way that only cats can do.   

Offline Jo Jo

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 12:39:52 PM »
We really do not have them long enough in my eyes, but I too am grateful that I have him, however long it may be ❤️ see, I swear animals just "know" 😎

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 07:47:55 PM »
hi Jo Jo, My husband and I had always had doggies in the house either ours or other peoples (puppy sitting). At the time my husband passed away we were doggyless and then my daughter brought home a Jug pup (mummy was a Pug and daddy a Jack Russell) which is the sweetest little thing and she has brought some laughter as well as comfort into the home again. In the early months after my husbands passing she was the reason I got out of bed, the reason I went out anywhere as walkies have to be done. I don't think it matters if its a cat, dog bird or a fish, sometimes just having something to care for gives us a reason to care for ourselves. PS your doggie is lovely xxxx

Offline Jo Jo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »
 Ty Caroline 😊 I am so happy you had the joy (and hard work lol) of a puppy to help you through. Mine is also a jug. He truly is my reason to get up at the moment. Even then some days it is the toughest part to get through, but he too makes me smile and laugh several times each day. And at least out for a walk as often as I'd possible with our great British weather 😎🌦️🌬️xx