Author Topic: Lost my wife  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Williamd

Lost my wife
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »
Hi
My wonderful wife died on The 2nd of July.
She was only 51 years old and died of bowel cancer she only had 3 weeks from diagnosis till death
I am totally devastated.
William

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Lost my wife
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »
William welcome to the group.

My heart goes out to you for this tragic loss of your beloved wife, and so so young as well,, how cruel that disease is .

Please tell the group a little about yourself so they can make you welcome and support you at this very sad time.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Williamd

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 08:27:37 PM »
Hi
My wife passed away 6 weeks ago she was 51.she had no symptoms apart from a pain in her side on 16th June. I took her to hospital and she was diagnosed with bowel cancer which had spread to her liver and her ovaries and lymph nodes. They couldn’t offer her any treatment and she died on the 2nd of July.I have 3 twenty year old children 2 still living with me and the other is expecting our first grandchild which my wife will never see or hold.We were togethe4 30 years and had our 25th wedding anniversary in April past. The pain we are all feeling is unbearable and the longing for her is unreal.

William

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 01:01:59 PM »
Hi William - sorry you have found yourself in this awful situation. Its early days and of course you and the children must be still reeling from the shock of it all.
It takes a while but you will find only over time that the acute agony and longing lessens - Its a roller coaster of a journey some days better than others and i dont think  we ever stop missing them or loving them, but life does become more bearable.
having your grandchild will help a bit -  and one of the things people have found, is creating memory boxes for children/grandchildren so that even though they will never meet them they will know in a different way about the person who has died. Only two of my grandchildren remember their grandad but the others, even those who were not even born know him in that way through the elder ones,  but also through us being able to talk about him - I know its no consolation and can never make up for them not being here but it helps a little because in putting it together and going through later with little ones you are able to focus on their lives and their character - why we loved them, rather than entirely on their loss.

Offline Stevie wee

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Sorry to hear this, I lost my wife 4 weeks ago. Much the same really went to hospital for treatment for pancreatic pains tem weeks later passed away in my arms. We have grown up kids and 10 grandchildren but I still feel so alone, frightened and just really want to go to her. The pain is so real I've not eaten for days now and I'm using food as some form of punishing myself for what I'm not sure. I love my kids but they have to crack on with there families but mine has gone. I wish I had answers for you but I haven't. I think do a little more each day but it's so hard.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »
My heartfelt sympathy William. I remember those early months so well and the utter devastation. I'm 3 years down the line and somehow I've managed to get this far even though there have been times when I just wanted to curl up and be with Chris. It's a place that none of wish to find ourselves in but miraculously we do find the means of coping. Tiny steps forward and sometimes the odd huge one backwards I'm afraid - I wish you strength.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~