Author Topic: Hello just joined  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Amnerisuk

Hello just joined
« on: August 12, 2018, 11:12:31 PM »
Hello

I lost my wonderful mum (my best friend) on 8th July. I found her on her bathroom floor. I started CPR but paramedics confirmed her dead. We've had a post mortem and she was buried on the 3 August  I have to clear all of her stuff this week- I'm dreading it. I'm still paying rent and her landlord wants the flat back   My husband has been great. My extended family have been a nightmare. Taking stuff from her flat,  bullying me into given them stuff and causing a scene at the graveside. Totally unsupportive. I've resigned myself to breaking contact with them. They later told people I had gone against her wishes and buried her in the wrong place (untrue)

I miss mum terribly and have a painful yearning for her. Today I just stayed out shopping for stuff I don't need just to avoid going home. No idea why.

I know it will get better with time but I'm very wounded at the moment.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello just joined
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:18:21 AM »
 :hug: it is awful when famillys turn like that and sadly  you are far from alone in this happening. Clearing her stuff will not be easy - my sugestion would be if you have the space box up anything you are unsure what to do with and keep it until you feel stronger and more able to decide.
With the stuff you have been forced to part with already its to late,but also remember - there is more too us as people than stuff we have collected it will never bring them happiness in the way it might have her and she would have been disusted at their behaviour - You have what those people never had and never will, and thats a lifetime of memorys of her as your mother.