Author Topic: Lost my husband  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Munstermum

• New Members
Lost my husband
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
I hope I'm doing this right!  My husband died on the 3rd October. We had been together for 24 years, second marriage for us both. He was ex-army and a right character. We gave him a military style funeral and he would have been so proud so see how many turned up to pay their respects. Now I am home alone with just my two dogs for company. I am a practical and resourceful person with hobbies, family and friends, but still feeling a bit lost at times. Thanks for reading this xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my husband
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »
So lovely when people show they care, I felt similar at my dads funeral.  :hearts:
Having 2 dogs will help so much on this journey, when I had my 3 they helped me survive some really hard times. Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:09 AM »
 :hug: sending you a warm welcome -i also lost my husband -but am longer into this journey than you.I think no matter how much we fill our lives we will always have times of feeling lost -but rather than and end to grief,over time we can learn to live with it.

Offline Evab

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »
Hi lost my husband 3rd December (both 2nd marriages) and am also home alone in Spain, very isolated, with 2 dogs. They make sure I get up in n the morning, & I hope yours bring u comfort too. Take care and kind thoughts are with you x

Offline Munstermum

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:10:03 PM »
Thank you Evab, so sorry to hear about your very recent loss.  My dogs are such a comfort, I'd be lost without them, although the Munsterlander drives me nuts, she barks like a looney when we are getting ready to go for a walk. My husband just used to fling them in the back of the car and drive them to the park, so walking on the harness is a bit strange for her.  I am sending you warm thoughts as well, I know how hard the early days can be xx