Author Topic: Medication  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Debbie1980

• New Members
Medication
« on: July 03, 2017, 07:01:10 PM »
Hi not sure if this is allowed and please delete if not appropriate.  I'm on mirtazapine for anxiety and stress.  I did not sleep last night so my GP has prescribed an antihistamine to take with the mirtazapine.  I am very weary of drug interactions and was just wondering if anyone else has been prescribed the same.  Thanks in advance xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Medication
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:17:16 PM »
Sorry I can't answer your question as I don't know,though I doubt your GP would prescribe both unless they were sure they will be OK together. Maybe someone else will be able to answer meanwhile sending you a hug. :hug:

Offline Debbie1980

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »
Thanks so much.  I thought it might be a long shot but hoping someone might be on the same. I've had bad reactions to medication before hence I tend to worry quite a bit when prescribed something new xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 07:35:56 PM »
I'd pop along to your local chemist and have a chat with the pharmacist.  They are the best people to speak to about drugs interacting with each other.  (They often offer medication reviews).  If you cant get down there you might be able to speak to them over the phone.  If theres any concerns they can advise you what to raise with the Dr xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Gingey

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »
Hi there
I too was on mitrazapine for a short time and found side effects too much although initially it ded help.me sleep
I was given another antidepressant to try but again side effects and I not really want to take them...however I still have the anxiety they were prescribed for. They work for some and sure gp ok with meds, I am on other tabs too for blood pressure , they tend to check.
Take care