Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

Going on an adventure, nervous

(1/2) > >>

CarolineL:
Well I'm off to Australia on Monday for a few weeks to visit my sister in-law. I'm taking my daughter (she's 27) who does look after me, bless her, but I'm still nervous when I should be excited.
I get on great with Darren sister and she has been heart broken over his death as they did adore each other and it will be lovely to see her again but I know it will be emotional at first.
10 months since he passed and the awful anniversary are just about to start - when he first started feeling sick, when he was diagnosed, when he went into hospital. I think being away for those will do me and my daughter good as she too has been through all of this with me, we return for the anniversary of his passing, want to be home for that urggggg.
I think part of the nervousness is knowing that's just round the corner but also because I feel I can just about manage home and work and I'm going to be away from home for a period of time. Does anyone else feel like that ? I'm becoming a real home bird.
I will let you all know how it went on my return.
Take care you lovely lot x

Sandra61:
Have a lovely trip, Caroline. I hope it does do you good. I'm sure it will. Hard as it is, life goes on and this will be a lovely reunion for you all. Enjoy! :hearts:

Emz2014:
The worry about anniversaries is pretty normal, interestingly in my experience the anniversary has not been as 'bad' as I imagined, (the worst times, losing them, has a already happened).  Do your best to relax, plan some nice things in remembrance  :hug:

Hope your trip goes well xx

CarolineL:
Thank you for the kind advice it’s good to hear 😘

CarolineL:
Hi all,

Well my time with my sister in law in Oz was fantastic, did us all good so again don't know what I was worried about. A little bit emotional seeing Darren's family but that was to be expected and did us all good to be together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version