Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Bunker

« on: October 13, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »
As I put in my initial post my loss is my Wife Dianne she passed away on January the 15th 2016 after suffering for some time with depression Dianne was 67 years old at the time of her passing. I am now 65 years old and still struggling to come to terms with the loneliness  of living alone. Married for 32 years and together for 35 years.

Offline Fleur

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »
Some days are a minute by minute struggle aren't they Bunker?
My husband and I were married for almost 52 years, I was sweet sixteen when we were married and people said it wouldn't last. How wrong they were, he was my one true love.
I think the loneliness is often the hardest part of grieving, I can't count the times I have turned to my husband to tell him something, only to be reminded by his empty chair that I can't do that.
The people here are very supportive, I hope you'll stick around, it has helped me to be here.
This too shall pass.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »
Sending a hug bunker.  :hug:
Have you thought about a pet atall?  I have found over the years my dogs have been true lifesavers.  Having them there made so much difference, and if you like dogs there's nothing like the greeting they give you when you arrive home.  And the potential to help interaction - walking them they are certainly conversation starters
I know people who have felt similar benefits from cats and other animals too xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx