Author Topic: lonely  (Read 1788 times)

Offline madnutter

lonely
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:49:40 PM »
hello everyone i lost my wife on Wednesday 19th December now im alone cant stop crying having to try and sort things out its just so hard to cope and i dont know if i can cope over this Christmas.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: lonely
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 08:02:40 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: 
Grief is a rollercoaster journey and you must still be rather shocked at the moment.  Try and take it day at a time at the moment.
This forum really helped me to not feel quite so alone, having others who understood helped alot, i hope the forum helps you too
If you're feeling lonely I'm sure the chat room will also be active in the evenings xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:32:26 AM »
morning mad, can I say firstly, how sorry I am to hear of your loss, and give you a virtual hug xx, like emz says this forum has helped her and it has helped me too, its a dreadful thing to have happened, have you got any family or friends to support you? please keep posting in here, i've not been in the chat room myself but i'll certainly pop in when I can find it.  :hug: :hug: I don't have any wise words, except to say it's one day at a time, especially for me and doubtless for others, youre probably feeling as emz says somewhat shell shocked at the moment. You wont be alone on here xxx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 11:47:28 AM »
So sorry to hear of your loss. At such a poignant time of year too. So sorry.

I know all about the crying and the trying to deal with things. I lost my mum in October 2017 and am still trying to sort everything out now. I must have spent the fist six months mostly crying and still do it now from time to time, mostly when I'm least expecting it to happen. At first I think it's just sheer shock and misery, loneliness and loss that you are crying about, but later I think pressure just builds up and you have to cry to help release it.

Don't worry too much about sorting anything out at this stage. You are going through enough with your loss. After a bit, just concentrate on ensuring financial problems are sorted out, so that your daily life doesn't complicate things for you. Anything else can wait.

I'm afraid this is a long and painful process without any time limit on when you might feel better, and it is a change of life that you will slowly have to rebuild around this terrible event, but it can be done in time. Just take it a day at a time at the moment. Lean on friends and relations if you can. If not, lean on us here. We do understand what you are going through. It's the most awful thing you may ever have to endure, but it is still early days for you, so just cry if that's what you need to do. Do try and remember to eat and drink. It's easy to forget when you are so overcome, but just look after the basics for now and give yourself time to recover from the shock and slowly, you will find a way forward and everything that has to be done, will be. There's no rush. Be gentle with yourself.

Sending hugs...

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 02:21:30 PM »
The live chat room link can be found on the main homepage
http://www.bereavementuk.co.uk
And keep posting in the forum too  :hug: xc
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx