Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep

(1/15) > >>

Kes1968:
Made the really hard decision today to have my elderly pooch put to sleep later this week, he’s 13 and his back legs have all but gone, he’s weeing everywhere and panting a lot, even out of the heat, especially at night, so so tough, I’m going to miss him so much 😢😢😢

Emz2014:
 :hearts: sending you a hug. Its so hard to make that decision, especially when they have been there so long with us but we know when it's right time to avoid suffering. I have roses in my garden for each of mine.  Spend some special time with him this week  :hearts: xx

Kes1968:
 :rainbow:thanks emz, I know it’s the right decision for him but it still feels so hard, I’ve been taking him for little walks but I was watching him today and he was really struggling 😢

GHOST:
I

Kes1968:
He’s been barking this morning at the handyman who’s coming to replace the loft hatch and install the new loft ladder, I don’t know that I can justify even thinking of having him put to sleep when he’s still showing interest in his surroundings, people always tell me that I’ll know, he’s hardly eaten again  today though and v unsteady on his legs, he has spinal nerve damage in his lower spine which causes the incontinence, I don’t want to lose him but am I prolonging his suffering? He looks so miserable sometimes and I don’t know what to do now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version