Author Topic: Soon to be bereaved  (Read 3265 times)

Offline antigone

• New Members
Soon to be bereaved
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:36:47 PM »
Hello all,

2 months ago my father was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer, and I have been told that within the next fortnight, he will pass away. The situation isn't great. We've always had a rocky relationship and only last year did we really reconnect. He has 4 children including me, two of whom are only 8 and 3 years old, and may never get to form a proper relationship with him. This is obviously awful.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to cope. I have A-level exams next month which I'm trying so hard to revise for but finding it very challenging to focus. When I do find moments of focus, I can't help but feel guilty, and he hasn't even passed away yet.

I guess I really came here just to let it out. All in all the timing is just so poor, and it is so heartbreaking. 

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Soon to be bereaved
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:08:06 PM »
(((Hugs))) hun never ever be bothered about ranting to us on here we truly do understand how you are  feeling xxx

:hug: :hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline antigone

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 09:11:37 PM »
(((Hugs))) hun never ever be bothered about ranting to us on here we truly do understand how you are  feeling xxx

:hug: :hug:

Thank you! It's very difficult but I'm sure it'll be very nice to speak to people going through similar experiences!

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 11:01:46 PM »
Hi Antigone. Welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear of your situation. Wishing you the strength to cope.

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »
Sending a welcome hug. I lost my dad after a short battle with cancer (of the esophagus, but had spread alot)  its hard to see someone battle cancer.  Xx.
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline cazsyl

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:03 PM »
My father too had terminal cancer while I was sitting A levels - I went to my doctor to explain the stress I was feeling (sleeplessness, teary, guilty etc) and he wrote a letter to my head of year to send to the exam board so that they took this into account when marking the papers.

I wish you good luck in your exams and also will be thinking of you and your family for what is to come in the next couple of weeks.

Offline Mum-1

• Hello my name is Samantha. I lost my son reccently
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 07:45:22 PM »
Hello.
I'm terrible sorry to hear about your dad , I lost my 13 year old son to cancer on Saturday his was very aggressive  as well but we still had doctors saying they could treat it so for him to die while having his last option treatment it was a massive shock.
I can't tell you the pain isn't as bad as you think because it's so much worse than you first thought! What I will say is spend everyday with him like it was your last because you will never know when that day will come. My son was diganosed in the early stages of cancer nd it wasn't thought to be that aggressive then ones at it just took over in a blink of a eye. So don't look back just enjoy every day enjoy the little things you don't need to go out every night or party just do what you enjoy doing with your dad.

Just don't waste a minute keep your head up love we are always here for you. 🎗💕
They know the names of their  chemo not there classmates. Doctors and Nurses are their new family.
Their laughter will Make a heart melt.
Their strength will make a grown person cry.
If you've ever seen a child fight cancer it will change your life forever.

RIP beautifu boy 👼🏻💫

S.Keen🎗