Author Topic: Friends  (Read 1490 times)

Offline sadboy

Friends
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »
Should I stay friends with a girl who knew on August 14 and acknowledged that my Dad was seriously ill, in intensive care, and who then never once got in touch after that to ask how things are going? In fact I messaged her on messenger on August 18, to tell her he had died on August 15, but she never logged in to see that (even though it was a continuation of the Aug 14 chat about my Dad's serious state). So today I told her that he'd died on August 15, and got this OTT reply "I'm so so so sorry to hear it", and making out this was all a sudden surprise to her and telling me not to try and make her feel bad. So should I stay friends with her?

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Friends
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 03:56:10 PM »
That pretty much depends on how she was as a friend before this - could be she genuinly didnt log in and didnt take in what you told her properly when she did  -could be she had things on her mind that you dont know about -  but also people who have not shared this experience genuinley dont know what to say or how to react - so i would give her the benefit of the doubt for now. I have found in a few cases that some people will be very sympathetis in the early days then soon lose interest and the ones who have held back initially become the ones that are there longer term.:hug: