Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3053 times)

Offline GriefSucks

Hi
« on: January 02, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »
Hi,

I just turned 34 yesterday. I have a 3 year old son. On the 27th of September 2016, my partner of almost 6 years and the father of my son went out on his mountain bike with a friend to some woods/park. He slipped on his bike, just an everyday normal slip on a bike, which led to his handlebar puncturing his groin. His friend rang for an ambulance, which couldn't find them, and he shouted for someone to help. The ambulance finally got to them. His friend rang me and told me what was going on and I thought it was a joke. He had lost a lot of blood and our friend couldn't reassure me that he would be ok. I was in a panic, I felt like I couldn't get to the hospital quick enough. I arrived and heard the dreaded news that my partner's heart had stopped on the way to the hospital and had died. He was only 30, we had plans (we never had plans) and in the space of an hour it was all gone in a terrible freak accident. He was my partner, my best friend and a doting father. The heartache is unbearable, I'm consumed by grief. I feel like nobody around me understands. I've had people who I thought were friends let me down in massive ways and had hurtful things said to me because of their ignorance of what I'm going through. I feel so alone just trying to get by, keep going for our son and not completely fall apart. I have bereavements counselling through the hospital due to the nature of his death. I am hoping to find some help here so I don't feel as alone.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:33:46 PM by GriefSucks »

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »
Aw hun how hard it must have been to write the post my heart goes out to you for your loss
Sending you a massive welcome (((hug))) x

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your partner so suddenly and at such a young age.

Those who have not lost someone close may think they understand what we are going through but unfortunately we know that the reality is much worse than they could ever imagine. You are not alone.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
My heart goes out to you.  No words can help you deal with what you have.  Sending virtual hugs.  We all do understand here and I hope we can give you some support in your time of need.  Keep posting,  take care.  Penny x

Offline Deb63

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
So so sorry for your loss,sending you huge hugs  :hug: :hug: welcome here   :hearts:

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 12:43:21 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic loss,   your beloved's loss reminds us how volatile life can sometimes be,  but it never prepares us in how we cope afterwards.   I think we can all agree 'Grief does indeed suck'.   As I've stated previously I can think of nothing else in my life which has had such a massive impact on me when I lost my wife 9mths ago and I'm sure that applies to the majority of us on here including yourself.

We naturally assume that our loved ones will always be there, to share our life with, and then in a moment it's all changed for ever, and we wonder if we can carry on without them in our life.  Everyone here understands what you are feeling right now,  there is truly nothing worse.   I hope the counselling helps you, and that you get some comfort by posting on here, having to explain to a 3yr old son that his Daddy won't be coming home must have been heart breaking.

Reading your story made me feel a little guilty and humble,  because in many ways your loss is greater,  I was fortunate in that I had almost 49yrs with my wife but to have just 6yrs is very little time,  my heart goes out to you,  I just wish there was something I could do to ease that pain you are feeling,  I genuinely do.
I also wish there was a quick cure for grief but sadly there isn't,  time is the only thing that brings some relieve but it takes a very long time, and it's likely that many of us will never be the same again.

I wish you much strength during this difficult time.   :hug:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:48:59 AM by Brian71 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: so sorry for your loss xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julia

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 08:38:17 PM »
Sending you a lot if warm feelings and wishing you strength!
I've been going through different posts trying to find something similar to my loss, and the moment I read about bikes, I felt there's something I can relate to.
My partner used to go crazy with his extreme bike rides.. He fell down many times, had a concussion once, got hit by a car last year and flew over it with his bike, but he never stopped, just went faster each time. He passed away so unexpectedly from bacterial meningitis in the end of February. I still see him  everywhere I go, I'm looking around for his red jacket, black coat, glasses, beard... I see him everywhere :( I wish I could talk to him at least one more time.
I'm still looking for a support system that would allow me open up completely about my relationship with him, which was complicated, but definitely full of love.
I hope the counselling sessions are helping you through this painful process!

Offline Ratley

• New Members
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss X
Sending hugs  :hug: