Author Topic: Fell in love with him unexpectedly, lost him unexpectedly too  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Julia

Hi dear online friends,
About 1,5 years ago I started falling in love with a colleague of mine whom I had worked with for 7 years. Eventually he had become my love, friend, professional support, a reason for future dreams and hopes - everything. It was a bit rocky at times and we were indeed a fire like couple, but we were driven by overpowering love for each other that made us want to flip a few things in our lives to make sure we can enjoy life together. 

He passed away unexpectedly in the end of February and I am finding myself struggling to wrap my head around it. I am not sure where to start, but I hope to get to know some of you better and hopefully support you in your grief as well.

Thank you,
Jolita

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:33:15 PM by Julia »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Fell in love with him unexpectedly, lost him unexpectedly too
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:16 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »
Welcome and sorry for the tragic circumstances that brought you here.I think that even though your time together was so short,the magic of that time is something you will be able to look back on with happiness eventually but for now in the early days of grief it is the ending and the sadness of losing those future dreams that hurts so much that it is that,along with the injustice of something so wonderful being lost so soon that dominates overwhelmingly.I hope that just as I did when I lost my husband you will find coming here helps you through this terrible time.

Offline Julia

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 07:26:05 PM »
Thank you for a very warm welcome, it means so much during this tough time. Losing someone you love so much feels like there's nothing left to lose, but in fact we all still have so much, at the very least we are still physically alive. We have so much that we could still lose, therefore even though it feels impossible, we have to learn see the beauty in the tragedy and joy of life. It's a scary and relieving thought at the same time and I hope that this support circle can help us all grow and be happier eventually.
Thank you again, and sending you my best wishes.