Author Topic: Dad and brother died within less than 3 weeks of each other.  (Read 1940 times)

Offline trickymal

Dad and brother died within less than 3 weeks of each other.
« on: April 14, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »
Hi I'm new to the group. On the 23rd of March 2017 my dad, aged 86, died of secondary liver cancer.  We had 2 months after diagnosis and used that time to say everything we wanted to each other. My young brother, 44, was dad's main carer and my rock. He was incredible and between us we managed to help dad fulfill his dying wish, to die at home. On 11th April I found my dear brother lying dead on his bedroom floor. He was a recovering alcoholic and had been doing so well, but losing dad was just too much to be strong bear and he started drinking heavily again. I was making good progress in dealing with dad's death, but my brother's death is unbearable. I have a lead Weight in the pit of my stomach and I cry at the most awkward times. I have put my dad's death aside and focussing on grieving my brother's death. I am sad, shocked and angry. X

Offline Ratley

• New Members
Re: Dad and brother died within less than 3 weeks of each other.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
I'm really sorry for your losses X
 :hug: 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »
Coping with one loss is hard enough,coping with both must be really difficult especially as during your dads illness you were so close and now that mutual support is also lost.I hope that this site will come to be a support for you as it was for me especially in the early days of trying to muddle through this nightmare journey.