Author Topic: Hello I'm new here.  (Read 3275 times)

Offline quietstorm

Hello I'm new here.
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
Hello everyone.
I lost my husband very suddenly 11 weeks ago. He went to work and never came home. I still have trouble believing that I will never see him again. The house has a silence that no radio or tv can ease its deafening. I have 3 dogs who I love dearly and they are keeping me going. Am having to work full time now but am lucky I work from home but the days are long with no one coming home. We were together 32 years. I'm lost. Sorry for going on not really sure what to say. I'm sorry for everyone here who is missing their loved ones.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello I'm new here.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »
Welcome too the forum.Even though I am much further away from losing my husband than you I do recognise that alone feeling.I also had a dog who gave me a great deal of comfort and a reason to get up in a morning,but lost him last year i will always appreciate how much he saved my sanity back then.
But so did this forum, a place you can write everything and never be thought to be "going on" too much,a place where people do understand as all of us are here because of a loss,but also a place of companionship and where friends are made.I also work but had no idea how to fill the empty hours.If I,m honest I still have that moment of dread coming back too an empty house, and the tv is almost always on if i,m not in the garden as background noise rather than actually being watched,but over time I have learned to fill  those out of work hours ,and regained a bit of confidence so I,m happy to travel alone and more content with my own company.We will be here for you as long as you want,and you're always welcome to make posts short or long.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:49:35 PM »
Welcome Quietstorm.  So sorry for your loss.  You need never be sorry for going on too much on here, that's what the forum is for, to put down in writing how your feeling.   Please keep talking to us.  Sending hugs x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  I recall the support my dogs have provided over the years, they certainly help to an extent xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline quietstorm

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
Thank you so much for such a warm welcome Karena, penny king and Emz2014  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I'm not very good with forums I need to learn a bit more  :cray:
It's taken me ages to find a UK forum and I so much appreciate that I'm here and can speak with you all who understand.
Thank you  :hug:xxx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 09:07:26 AM »
Sending you a welcome.  :hug: quietstorm, i lost my hubby suddenly but i too am further along the roller coaster, but i hope you can find the support  you need from joining the forum xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 09:20:46 AM »
You'll soon get used to the forum, and if you get stuck at all just say, any of the admins can help - it's a friendly place here

Working from home can be great, I work from home two days a week but I imagine it can be quite isolating full time.  Are you able to see people most days?

You can talk to us about anything, I certainly found it helpful to talk.  And later on you may feel up to coming along to a meet, which are organised from time to time :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Adrian

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 11:20:10 PM »
To Quiet storm, I am also new here, I lost my beloved lady Karen in a tragic accident 4 weeks ago. She died in front of me and there was nothing I or anyone else could do. I know. I feel for you. I understand your heartache.  It's what I am going through also. Listen to what people here say. You won't take it all in to begin with but eventually thier words will make sense. I wish you well. I wish you peace and love.

Offline quietstorm

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 12:20:22 AM »
Hello Adrian I just checked my mails and saw your reply. I apologise to anyone here I have been in such a dark place and so confused and forgetful I haven't even been able to log in here. I'm useless with forums. I actually had forgotten my pass word etc..managed to retrieve it tonight.  Like I say I'm useless especially now.
Adrian I am so, so sorry for your loss of your dear Karen. I send you an understanding gentle hug. It must have been so traumatic for you and again I'm just so sorry.
I'm almost five months without Steve but it's really hard. I found the police visit very traumatic and still have awful flashback memories of that day even though my brain seemed to cope.
I am here Adrian if you need to talk anytime. Sadly no one 'gets it' do they unless they've been through it. I've has some awful thoughtless comments because people don't understand, but I know that's usually because they have no idea what to say.
Please take care of you your lovely Karen would want you to be safe and well xxxx

Offline Adrian

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »
Quiet storm, it's through people like yourself that I am starting to see something of a future but at moment it could go either way. Karen knows, Karen had been in a similar place because of bad marriage. When I found her she was in a mess. Sounds corny but we fell in love before we even new it. She was improving by the week and had become so much stronger and more confident. We had such plans. We were going to spend the rest of our lives looking after each other. We had 2 yrs.  She was so lovely. She was kind not just to me but everyone. She had a heart of gold. But she was no angel. Friday nights were when she let her beautiful long blonde hair down. Vodka. But she was safe. She was in my house. She could come to no harm and I made sure of that. Then our weekends were for close, care and time for each other. Love. We made the most of our time over the weekends. Now the days are just another two to get through. Her family have blamed me for Karen's death. I have had a absolutely no support from them. Quite the opposite. I have felt physically threatened. I couldn't go to funeral. My family have helped but they are far away so it's hard for them. So when I said I was on my own, well you can work it out. Thank you for your words. I need them if I am to carry on.