Author Topic: My Wife passed seven months ago  (Read 2587 times)

Offline WOODY

My Wife passed seven months ago
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »
Hi to everyone here,
My Wife Janice, passed away on the 6th December 2016. Janice had MS for 40 years, but she got an infection, which turned to pneumonia and she passed within 4days.
I struggle to keep it together every day, I miss her so much. Life is just empty now, I hate having to go out, as I can't stand coming back to the silence and the emptiness.
I was my wife's main carer, but we used to have nurses and other carers in most days, so it was like Piccadilly Circus here, but now, there is no one.
My Daughter keeps telling me, that I should snap out of it, how do I just snap out of the grief I feel for the loss of my Wife.
I have not heard from my Daughter for ten days, so rang her this morning, got the answer phone, I sent her a text and got the reply, " We are ok, we are busy " this really upset me, I feel unwanted and that I am now a burden, I feel that I shouldn't be here. The only person that I had to talk to and laugh with has gone, my Daughter just does not seem to understand this. I am really sorry that this is so long, but this is how I am feeling, I know everyone hear is going through the same pain, I am sorry

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My Wife passed seven months ago
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:27:50 PM »
Sending you a welcome    :hug:   Xx

Pkease dont apologise for long posts. We have all needed to get these feelings and emotions off of our chests.
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline WOODY

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »
Norma, Thank you very much, I really appreciate it

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
No problem Woody please  keep talking to us i promise you it does help xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline WOODY

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 10:32:29 PM »
Thank you Norma, I certainly will, because I think the only people that understand us, are the ones also going through it.
It's all the different emotions we go through, one day I feel very angry and I am looking for someone or something to blame, another day I feel guilt, thinking, was there anything more that I could have done, my head feels like it is going to explode sometimes, as there is so much I am thinking.

I still get up between 5.30 and 6o'clock, every morning, as this was the time when I got my wife's breakfast ready and gave her her medication, I feel that if I think oh, what's the point in getting up, as I have nothing to do, then then I think I will loose the battle, as by staying in bed, that is giving up completely, so I think forcing myself to get up, there is still a purpose.
Sorry I am rambling on again. Thank you for your time again Norma, this must be very hard for you, listening to everyone else's problems , when you are probably trying to deal with your own.
Thank you for listening and taking the time to read this

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 11:07:29 PM »
Hi, I replied on your other post.
That's a really good way to tackle your day, keeping a routine and getting up. It may be hard but will be valuable in keeping depression at bay - grief is hard enough on its own  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline WOODY

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
Thank you very much Emz, again for your kind words and support, very much appreciated

Offline Rachaellee

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:16:52 AM »
I'm so sorry, Woody. I understand you. I was my husband's carer for the last 9 years, and the last few I did just about everything for him. He passed 20th of July, and now there is just me, and no one to do anything for, and I am so lost and so lonely. I just lay in bed hour after hour, all night long watching Major League Baseball. You mentioned a daughter, that must be a blessing. It is so much worse to have no one but yourself.