Author Topic: Introduce myself  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Dorothy1

Introduce myself
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:43:21 AM »
Hi My name is Dorothy and I have recently loss my dad, the last surviving parent having loss my mother 2.5 years ago. Needless to say it feels overwhelming and not sure how to feels now that I am an orphan. For me it probably feels too young to have loss both parents at the age of 48 but it probably relates to " feeling sorry for myself". I have siblings but we are not close to the extent that I communicate with only my sister considering I have 2 brothers but iour relationship is strained and there are no room for recounciliation now or in the future. I have probably said a lot already but I probably wanted to selfishly rant...so I do apologize.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:20:09 PM »
Hi Dorothy.
It isn't selfish to rant nor is it feeling sorry for yourself.Grief is a journey no one wants to go on,and one which many of those who think you are ,havnt been on.When you lose one parent the foundations under you crumble,when you lose the second they slide into a black hole.Its not why I came here that's another loss,but I was 22 when my dad died and 40 when my mum died,but I don't think age is a factor only loss.
Coming here and writing stuff down helps I found so I hope it will for you too.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »
Sending a welcome hug Dorothy,  this is a safe place to explore your feelings, writing stuff down often helps  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx