Author Topic: Hello sudden loss of mum  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Kate

Hello sudden loss of mum
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
Hello to everyone. I have never used a forum before. Eight weeks ago my lovely mum suffered a sudden unexpected brain haemorrhage. I never had the chance to say goodbye or tell her what she meant to me. I'm finding this really hard for me, but on the other hand I feel better that mum never knew what was happening so didn't know she was going to leave us which would have broken her heart. I would like to use this forum to share experiences and thoughts.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello sudden loss of mum
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »
Welcome Kate sending you a big    :hug:  xx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum Kate. I am so sorry to hear of the recent loss of your mum.  :hug:

Offline rawareham

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »
Hi Kate,

Just wanted to day I was thinking of you. I lost my dad in exactly the same way last April- he was only 60 and I miss him desperately. It's the hardest of times so here if yoy want to talk xxxxxx

Offline Kate

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:13:38 PM »
Thank you for posting. I do know how you feel as 60 years young is no age. My mum was only 67 and suffered a brain aneurysm and by the time I got to the hospital the only option was to remove ventilation. Its such a shock. But I can say 8 weeks later that I'm starting to see that mum didn't know she was leaving us all behind, so I would rather I feel the upset than mum knowing she was about to pass away. That's a small comfort I think. I hope you are feeling stronger and I have noticed instead of being so focused on my job which is demanding, I am taking more time to see the rest of my family now. It definitely makes you realise what is important in this life, and spending too much time at work is not one of those! X X

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
After losing my dad (also too soon) I have definitely found I reevaluated things and work is not as important as it was before - I put much more effort into seeing family now xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline rawareham

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 10:39:26 PM »
Yes I totally agree -since losing my dad I have left my job and started my own business so I can be even more flexible around my kids. I don't know what I would have done without them the last 18 months and just want to spend as much time with them as I can.

It sounds like our losses were quite similar-like you my dad was already 'gone' when I got to the hospital. I still struggle to believe that even 18 months later but I am grateful he didn't suffer.

How are you doing? Xx