Author Topic: Time to move on?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Bravefront

Time to move on?
« on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:24 PM »
Hi all,
Glad to finally find somewhere I can get some advice. So 19 years ago my mum fell ill and it turned out she had a brain tumour. They removed it and she returned home only for it to return a couple of months later. The last 2 months of her life I watched her deteriorate until she finally died. I was 15 years old. I had an older sister (17) and younger brother (9) at the time. I felt at the time of my mums death my dad died a little bit inside too. He was never an emotional man and it has definitely rubbed off on us siblings. We all avoided talking about it even to this day so I don't feel like I can talk to my family about how I'm feeling. I find my self thinking what if...quite a lot. Well it's been 18 years and I still struggle to talk about it without getting upset. I'm not sure if this right  but I feel like I need to move on as it is having an effect on my relationships in the way that my boyfriends have always said I'm not very emotional and I'm a closed book. Can anyone suggest anything to help? Thank you [/font]

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Time to move on?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »
Sending a welcome hug   :hug:
Being able to talk helps our minds process our thoughts and feelings. You may find talking with us here helps - often writing things down helps alot.  Everyone here understands loss xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx