Author Topic: Would She Know She Was Dying  (Read 2792 times)

Offline PetetheRef

• New Members
Would She Know She Was Dying
« on: January 30, 2019, 12:07:35 AM »
My Wife Denise sadly passed away on 1st December 2018 at 1am, prior to this she had a what I can describe as a respitory mask on forcing oxygen into her lungs but also making sure she exhaled, for the whole of the day she was I can assume in & out of concionous but when I got the call to go in eyes were shut, the hospital staff told me nothing more could be done for her & the wanted my permission to remove the mask but to still give her oxygen via a 2 pronged thing up her nose & as they explained her breathing would get shallower until she took her last gasp & then she would have passed, my question would she have known she was dying as she never opened her eyes or any movement during her last hours?

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re: Would She Know She Was Dying
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:55:39 PM by GHOST »

Offline PetetheRef

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »
I don't blame them for her death as she had been battling cancer & was due to be re-scanned in January so they were giving her a break when it all went wrong, what I cannot understand is why did they not detect the blood clot on her lungs earlier as this was affecting her oxygen saturation, I know nothing can be done now.

I know she is out of pain & at peace & i'm glad I was there to the very end & I never realised how much I loved her till she has gone.  Don't beat yourself up over what has happened as it will only affect your quality of life & you will end up ill, i'm only 2 months in, in my bereavement yes I still cry & hug her pillow but I know she would want me to be happy & not dwell on what has happened.

I'm planning a few things I wanted to do with her so she will be in my thoughts when I do them & will certainly be taking a picture of her with me.

TC friend if you want to message me feel free maybe we can help each other thru this.

Regards
Pete

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:04:31 AM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:56:09 PM by GHOST »

Offline jackie11

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »
@PetetheRef

My dad passed away on 2nd Jan this year in a similiar situation. His lungs were bad and the doctors said there was no more they could do for him as the mask wasn't really making him better, it became the only thing keeping him alive. He could no longer clear the CO2 himself so a few hours after removing the mask he suffocated and died. He was sleeping a lot and not sure if he was conscious enough to know what was going on in his last few hours.

Btw I am very sorry for your loss.

Offline PetetheRef

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 11:51:11 PM »
Hi Jackie, my condolences at your loss, I cannot understand in this day & age they could not get rid of a blood clot, like your dad my wife too could not get rid of her CO2 her blood was turning acidic, unfortunately I cannot change what has happened just wish they could have found the clot earlier & maybe she would still be with me.

Offline jackie11

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 06:33:48 PM »
Hi @PetetheRef Thank you :)