Author Topic: Posting Ranks  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Posting Ranks
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »
Hi Everyone.

Thought this screen shot might be of interest showing how many posts you need to go up the ranks plus some other stuff.

Just looking though, isn't it a shame we have 41 Newbies who have never given us a chance to support them properly with 0 posts to their names. :coffeetoast:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:34:29 PM by Dave Administrator »
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Posting Ranks
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:05:56 PM »
I think some people do hang around before posting making a first post can be daunting,but I think we need to make a decision about the second graphic telling them where to post and specifically welcoming new members.First thing Monday I will take the background off and send them.so you can open poll to everyone .

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »
All power to your elbow Dave. I know how difficult it is to run a board having tried it myself in the past and given it up as a bad job.

I hope that some of the 'lurkers' (no disrespect just a well known term) will see this and be encouraged to post even if it's only to say "hello" and break the ice. You won't find a better place to do it. Some forums can be very cruel places especially to newcomers but that couldn't be further from the truth here. Go on have a go and say hello  :yahoo: 
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 12:30:21 AM »
All power to your elbow Dave. I know how difficult it is to run a board having tried it myself in the past and given it up as a bad job.

I hope that some of the 'lurkers' (no disrespect just a well known term) will see this and be encouraged to post even if it's only to say "hello" and break the ice. You won't find a better place to do it. Some forums can be very cruel places especially to newcomers but that couldn't be further from the truth here. Go on have a go and say hello  :yahoo:

Although every forum site owner encourages it's members to post Longedge, I do understand having been there myself how difficult a new post is to make obviously worrying about how it's received etc. But I would ask them to be encouraged by your kind true words to just say hi, to like you say break the ice and hopefully from there never look back when the support comes flooding in.

Thanks for the lovely comments in your reply.  :smiley:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:11:21 AM »
And hope everyone realises our daily chat thread is open to everyone.  Sometimes a bit of small talk helps xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx