Author Topic: BUK Mini meet Chelmsford Essex  (Read 9955 times)

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: BUK Mini meet Chelmsford Essex
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 08:45:40 AM »
Hi Dave, Should be worth it to meet you

The Bristol gang might not necessarily agree with that Jan  :rofl: Lets see what everyone else thinks subject to their own commitments during July of course.  :smiley:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »
Depending on how much you want to drink, dont send Dave to the bar!  He's a bad influence lol!!  :laugh: :wink: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Jessxx

• New Members
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 11:50:24 AM »
I can pretty much do any date .. how's the arranging going ?

Offline Jan Atkins

• New Members
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
Not sure how the arranging is going. Having suggested 9th July, I think we should go with that. Need to spread the word now I think.

I think meeting at 1 pm at the Railway station is best. Agenda, easy going but start with a coffee and chat. See where it takes us - if weather is nice, we could go for a walk, sight seeing, getting to know each other. Then perhaps a meal.   

How can we spread the word?

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Not sure how the arranging is going. Having suggested 9th July, I think we should go with that. Need to spread the word now I think.

I think meeting at 1 pm at the Railway station is best. Agenda, easy going but start with a coffee and chat. See where it takes us - if weather is nice, we could go for a walk, sight seeing, getting to know each other. Then perhaps a meal.   

How can we spread the word?

Once again I will try and put a post up on the FB group asking ONLY those who really want to meet up to make themselves known on here. Trust me Jan, Iv'e done this many times now and if people really are genuine about meeting up, then they will have no problem joining in with this post to make that a reality.  :coffeetoast:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Mick

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 09:42:25 AM »
9th July looks good for me, but wouldn't be staying over night this time

Mick

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
Any update on 9th July, is a definite ???, I will ask the ?? in the FB group as well

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
Welcome back Mick I'm sure you had a great time in the USA.

As far as this mini meet is concerned, it would seem by the response to my appeal for all those interested to join up here for discussion so as not allow it to get way lost on the FB group like it has done now, never really materialised as you can see by the lack of posts here.

Maybe it was all to soon after Bristol and people have lots of pre-planned commitments they can't get out of, so we should possibly think about leaving it till maybe later in the year with a bit more notice and planning, or even make Chelmsford the big full on weekend for next years meet up.  :coffeetoast:

Mick

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »
Thanks Dave

Offline Jan Atkins

• New Members
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 05:21:30 PM »
It doesnt seem that enough people are interested does it. I havent been on the web for a while as I've been so busy but 9th July isnt looking good for me now. If a weekend is planned in the future would love to come. In the meantime, have a good summer.

Offline rajahh

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 05:45:55 PM »
I might consider coming to Chelmsford, just to get a hug from Dave, haven't had one since we met at Peterborough all those years ago. Jeannette

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
Well just seen this as now back from a week up very far north in Scotland and it was really lovely.

Looks like three or four of us might be doable for maybe a mini meet in Chelmsford just for a few hours. So maybe later in the year after school hols in Sept might work for us with no big planning just keeping it simple and totally stress free.

Watch this space for any developments that may arise regarding interest in this and yes it would be lovely to have another big hug Jeannette that's for sure  :hug:

Offline rajahh

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 10:45:56 AM »
I am off to Nairn this week. Lovely area of Scotland

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 12:29:41 PM »
I could be interested if its after 10th september xxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐