Author Topic: I lost my 14 year old beautifull boy.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Paul Heggarty

I lost my 14 year old beautifull boy.
« on: April 11, 2019, 01:11:56 PM »
Hi im new to all this its the first time i have done something like this..Its coming up to 1 year since i lost my 14 year old beautifull boy and i feel lost to be honest.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I lost my 14 year old beautifull boy.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 09:03:37 PM »
Hello Paul and welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. To lose anyone is hard, but to lose anyone so young is truly tragic and must be so very hard to bear.

It was a while before I found this website after losing my mum, but I did feel a sense of relief once I did find it. It was just less lonely to know that there are others out there going through the same emotions and pain and difficultly that I was experiencing. They say there is strength in numbers and I think that is certainly true when you find yourself on this rocky road. Suddenly it felt ok not to be ok and easier to accept that it may be ok not get back to being ok for a long time or ever! I think no one can really understand what grief does to you until you have suffered a loss yourself, but once you have, you surely do!

We have all arrived here via a different route, but we have all found ourselves on the same hard road and there is usually someone around, either here or on the Facebook group to offer advice or support, whatever the hour. A year after my mum died, even a 'hello, so sorry for your loss' type of greeting still touched me so, it brought me to tears. So, hello, Paul. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find some help and comfort here too.

Sending you love, strength and a huge welcome hug.. :hug: :hug:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I lost my 14 year old beautifull boy.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 01:03:05 PM »
 :hug: Also sending you a warm welcome Paul, my eldest grandson is 14 and i can only even begin to imagine how devastating it would be. 
As Sandra says being somewhere that people can at least write and talk and also support each other does make a difference.

We do have a sister facebook group and within that is another closed group specifically for parents who are grieving for a child, so you may find that being a member of there as well as here could help you further - I think you join the main group first and then request to join the parents group from there.The main group can be found if you search facebook for bereavement.co.uk same as here.At the top is a fixed anouncement post by davebereavementuk ( the same dave who founded this site) part way down that anouncement post  is a link to the parents group what you post there as it is a closed group can only be seen by those in that same goup.

Being fb it moves faster than here and generally there are more people around -  but being here  has the advantage of not losing posts but having separate sections  and being able to take your time when you write - also its far more difficult to accidently post something incomplete or that you didnt mean too here, and far more easy to edit ( maybe its just me but fb has me struggling sometimes)