Author Topic: Feeling alone  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Nicole

• New Members
Feeling alone
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:10:23 AM »
I lost my husband and best friend  nearly five months ago and am feeling very alone even though I have kind neighbours and relations, it is not having that one special person that is so hard.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Feeling alone
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Hi Nicole - i also lost my husband so understand that even when there are people around you its not the same - sometimes you can even feel more lonley than when you are home alone. It is still very early days - much longer for me, and the empty house is something that becomes less unbearable over time.
One of the things about this site is that as well as being able to express grief, we have an everyday chat section - so some of the stuff we would have shared with them - your day at work, what you bought on a shopping trip, hobbies, what you had for tea  just that normal stuff, we can share he too, we can still get a response and although of course it doesnt make up for them being there, it helps a little, especially for those who perhaps dont have the support network around them.

Offline Nicole

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
Thankyou Karena, I think the general chat is a lovely idea.
Everything you said was how I feel so at least I know it's normal. Because I don't drive I have been taken on various shopping expeditions by well meaning couples who then clear off together, it makes me feel so bad that I try to avoid that now and shop locally with my trolley, I never before realised that seeing a jar of marmalade could make you cry in public.

Offline g1llyg1lls

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:56:46 AM »
The lonely feeling is so awful, it's not only the sudden physical loneliness but also the mental loneliness as it can feel like you are the only one feeling the way you do but in finding this site it helps to see that this isn't the case, that there are others in the same situation. 

The loneliness does ease in time.  Xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »
Nicole  I think many of us here absolutely understand now how something like that can end up with public tears.Its the little things - we can kind of gear ourselves up for the bigger things, the ones we expect to upset us, only to be thwarted by something like a jar of marmalade. :hug: