Author Topic: Just poping back  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Tony07

Just poping back
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:32:48 PM »
Just poping back to say hello to friends I have never met but are there when I need them, it will be 7 years this year since my soul mate left this earth, I still miss her everyday and think about her constantly. I am in another relationship now with a lovely woman and count myself lucky she found me and saved me from a life of darkness and emptiness. The reason I am writing this is to show when the time was right I found another reason to go on living, and it can happen to anybody. The lovely people on this forum saved my sanity and encouraged me to go on when all I wanted to do was lay down and die. I come back every year about this time as its my weepy time, Carolyn died on the 23 of November nearly 7 ago so I like to stay close to the mothership at this time for support just knowing you are there. Its not been easy but I kept plodding on, blindly sometimes but in the early days the lovely people on here picked me up brushed me down and sent me off again. My heart goes out to all our members who have recently lost love ones, does it get better? for me I just manage the grief differently now, I know I will never get over it but I will do my very best to make amends in life whenever I can and try to be a better person.
amor vincit omnia

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Just poping back
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:48:24 PM »
Thank you for sharing that, it will be a comfort to members  :hug:
Sending a big hug  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 12:46:02 PM »
 :hug: Thankyou for your post Tony - i am so happy you have met some-one now, but you are allowed to have the weepy time too  - its quite difficult to explain in words, that you really can love and miss one soul mate and love of your life, but love a new person equally, but it is more than possible and it doesnt mean you love either of them less than the other.
Soul mates cannot be identical and not always  present at the same time, but i do believe we can have more than one in our lives.

Offline Tony07

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 04:58:25 PM »
Once you get over the guilt of sharing your life with another person it does get a lot easier, its not all roses in the beginning because you feel you are betraying the one who you lost however, Carolyn always told me if she went first I was to find somebody to look after me as.......I was high maintenance, lol  If it was me I would be pleased that Carolyn had found a nice person to look after her if it was the other way around. The reason I am writing this is it might help somebody who is having a hard time and feel confused about getting on with their life, obviously, when the time is right.   
amor vincit omnia